|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about taking on high scale critical public services and empowering them run faster, more secure, more resiliently, and less costly in the cloud? Are you interested in leading Critical Infrastructure (CI) and State and Local Government (SLG) through their digital transformation to run securely and reliably in the cloud through industry-leading technology? Are you unstoppable when it comes to opening new schools of thought around difficult SLG customer problem spaces, inspiring teams, and setting clear vision? Are you ready to lead Microsoft and our technologies into the far digital reaches of the world’s CI, and the country’s SLG, to solve challenging monitoring and response problems? Do you set and maintain high self-expectation for integrity, accountability, and respect? If so, this SWE role in Azure Global is the role for you.
We are fast-moving, projects-oriented teams that leverages and expands the capabilities of Azure, Edge, and Devices to create trusted monitoring solutions for CI ecosystems focused on high security and reliability.
We are looking for a collaborative and skilled SWE with a growth mindset to help embrace and solve SLG technology challenges, new and old, through cloud products and services. Through this role you will have ample opportunities for growth, to make a positive impact on citizens across the country and around the globe, and to obtain valuable experience across the spectrum of technologies from user experience to cloud back-end.
- Identify technical gaps and drive secure identity features into services and operational processes
- Incubate new solutions and own development end-to-end in coordination with your feature crew
- Programming and developing security tools and applications
- Gain trust of and influence broad stakeholders including engineering teams, partners and peers
- Manage identity risk mitigation strategy to identity and security leadership teams
- Apply creativity, critical thinking and solution focused in a dynamic working environment
- 5+ years of software development experience using C++, and/or C# or equivalent software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience in information security, program management or security operations positions.
- Project portfolio showcasing programming and leadership abilities
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years driving large, complex programs and solutions using both direct and virtual teams.
- Full-stack web development experience OR Experience in improving the fundamentals of web/application/cloud platform(s)
- Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
- Proven ability to build successful partnerships and drive complex cross-group collaboration
- Experience with manipulating large data sets across multiple data sources, passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, experience with presentations to senior leadership teams as well as customers
- Passion for making decisions and driving innovative solutions based on data
- Ability to apply creativity, critical thinking and solution focused in a dynamic working environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.