|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure App Platform team is tasked with creating services and tools to make developers successful building, deploying, and managing cloud native applications on Azure. More and more, developers want to write code and hand it over to “just run” in the cloud. This trend is becoming more prevalent as customers who have moved to the cloud are looking for infrastructural operators to take on more of the management. The team is responsible for core offerings like Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Instances, and Service Fabric as well as open source projects like Helm, Brigade, Cloud Native Application Bundles, and Virtual Kubelet.
Interested in building and operating innovative microservices/container services for developers? Want to design products that push the boundaries of serverless technology? We are looking for PM managers in App Plat to own the vision, strategy, and product execution for several sub-technologies including Service Fabric and AKS. The software and services you deliver will empower developers across the globe to deliver cloud native applications on infrastructure in an open and portable way.
As a PM lead in App Plat, you will be responsible for interfacing with internal and external customers, driving the product roadmap and feature backlog, and delivering on a set of business targets including revenue growth and margin improvements. To accomplish these goals as a manager, you must cultivate and nurture a team of PMs that is inclusive and high performing.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy
- Manage a team of PMs responsible for landing features and working with customers
- Prioritize the engineering roadmap in accordance with engineering resource allocation
- Orchestrate software releases and rollouts across Azure’s global datacenter footprint
- Deliver real-time telemetry covering consumption, performance, COGS, QoS, and more
- Help coordinate incident response on outages and service degradation
- 6+ years of program management (or relevant) experience, focused on building and operating large-scale distributed systems
- 3+ years’ experience driving complex cross-organizational projects.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, analytical thinking and decision making, customer focus/empathy, and business/strategic acumen.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Experience managing software teams on the PM or software engineering side
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform, cloud computing, and Linux-based solutions.
- Familiarity with distributed algorithms and systems
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.