|Job Type:||Full Time|
Engineering Program Manager: CSEO Privacy Team, Microsoft Federal Privacy Program
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services on which Microsoft runs. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you a technical program manager with experience in data analysis? Are you interested in taking a leading-edge privacy compliance program to the next level? If yes, then this role is for you! Microsoft Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) Governance, Risk, Continuity and Compliance team is looking for an experienced, highly driven technical Program Manager to work as part of a team to enhance Microsoft’s CSEO Privacy Program.
This role provides you the opportunity to effect change and drive decisions that will have enterprise-wide impacts. As an Engineering Program Manager for Compliance in CSEO, you will work alongside a team of internal and external privacy SMEs and engineers to define and establish custom solutions regarding complex and often ambiguous regulatory requirements. To be successful in this role, candidates must be deeply technical and have strong intuition to connect the dots between solutions.
This candidate must be equally comfortable presenting high-level solution overviews to leadership as well as conducting detailed deep dives with engineering leads. Critical to the success of this program is the ability to understand regulatory and/or privacy requirements, distill those requirements into engineering-ready objectives, build strong relationships, and collaborate with internal technical, business and legal partners. A significant part of your role will be to ensure that CSEO applications, processes, and systems comply with Microsoft privacy requirements while also taking the lead on the roll-out and support of enterprise-wide cutting-edge privacy compliance solutions. You will develop best in class strategic privacy practices and initiatives to ensure Microsoft CSEO continues to be a leader in privacy while exceeding customer expectations.
The ideal candidate should have an engineering background, command of engineering best practices, and experience in raising the quality of existing solutions and delivering as a successful project manager. This candidate must also have excellent written and verbal communication, a passion for technology, experience providing guidance and direction to technical audiences, ability to drive towards the “big picture” while managing details, and the ability to build relationships with key partners.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the external and internal teams to create a sustainable and repeatable suite of CSEO Privacy solutions (includes criteria, scope, accountability, control procedures, test procedures, privacy reviews and positioning compliance to meet a service model).
- Ensure Microsoft CSEO business processes, infrastructure and applications maintain compliance with legal requirements, corporate policies and customer commitments.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive projects.
- Track and report against the Privacy Program’s Rhythm of Business; ensure all milestones are met and if there are any delays they get escalated via the appropriate process.
- Support and deliver privacy training and awareness for engineering audiences. Collaborate with learning and readiness managers and communications managers to design and deliver effective training and awareness communications.
- Manage data analysis, metrics, and executive dashboards for privacy engineering activities.
- Partnering with the appropriate stakeholder teams to help ensure supplier practices are compliant with legal requirements and corporate policies.
- Collaborate to support and sustain the accuracy and the integrity of the compliance data within centralized tracking systems.
- Own and manage stakeholder communications around privacy engineering; provide status as needed and be the point of contact for any questions and concerns.
- Contribute and participate in the Privacy team’s short- and long-term strategy.
- Ability to execute with a geographically diverse, high performing team, and deliver against an aggressive set of commitments. Create a working environment that motivates and inspires others to accomplish business goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer systems architecture or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in the computer software industry or services industry focused on software product development.
- 3+ years of experience in project management, program management or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Software engineering experience or equivalent experience defining and implementing technical requirements with software engineering teams and processes.
- Experience with business intelligence reporting, data analysis or working with large data sets and relational databases.
- 3+ years of privacy or related legal regulatory compliance experience in, or supporting, a large enterprise.
- Understanding of international privacy principles and common privacy regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA and EU Model Clause and Privacy Shield recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft’s Next Generation Privacy infrastructure, architecture, and requirements a plus.
- CIPT (Certified Information Privacy Technologist) recommended.
- Experience designing and driving large regulatory or policy programs a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, executive presence, and presentation skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and focus on coaching and mentoring CSE privacy community members.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.