|Job Type:||Full Time|
Billions of users. Billions of dollars. Millions of products. Planet-wide reach. Sell everything: apps, games, hardware. If you are excited by working on software at the scale of one of the largest online marketplaces in the world then this is your dream job.
The Commerce Platform Experience team in Cloud + AI builds and operates some of Microsoft’s largest scale and business critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and process millions of transactions daily, with loads growing as Microsoft executes on its “cloud first” strategy. The Commerce platform powers all of Microsoft’s key services – Xbox, Windows App Store, Office 365, Azure to name just a few. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows device, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Core Commerce platform.
We’re looking for great developers writing excellent software. If you have a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills, then we want to talk to you. You will have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. You’ll have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker. You’ll write secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code, and then effectively debug it, test it and support it live. You should be comfortable owning a feature and making decisions independently. You will seek to build the skills and effectiveness of all the developers around you.
- Architect, design and develop internet scale services/solutions.
- Lead and influence virtual teams of developers to deliver global, highly available, highly scalable services.
- Lead and drive discussions with partners to understand ambiguous requirements and convert them into actionable execution plans
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences, recognize patterns, and to lead development teams.
- Assess existing and new technologies and determine their applicability to solving real technical challenges.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing internet- scale distributed systems and services.
- Strong design and programming skills in C# or Java.
- Experience leading a virtual team of developers to deliver global, highly available, highly scalable services.
- Strong hands-on software development expertise including object oriented design skills, .NET etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences, and to lead development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
- Proven track record of shipping highly-scalable and reliable services/systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting and be able to research innovative solutions for challenging business/technical problems
- Solid technical aptitude and problem solving skills, take initiative, and must be result driven strong debugging skills
- Expert understanding of Engineering Excellence processes and requirements
- Expertise and knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like Windows Azure Platform, Amazon AWS, Google Apps
- Experience with Big Data/Analytic Systems like Cosmos or Hadoop implementations
- Experience in eCommerce and/or supply chain
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with related engineering experience is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.