|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) Manager Business Applications to lead a team of Customer Success Managers responsible for driving the successful adoption and expansion of Business Application workloads within their accounts. This person will be very active in the day-to-day coaching of his/her team and leading by example through direct involvement with customers. This role ensures the CSMs drive successful engagements and land effective, qualitative success plans that result in increased adoption, tangible business value gains and an overall Customer Success that ensures contract renewals. As a hands-on manager, the Customer Success (CS)-Lead will be actively involved in some of the same type of work as the employees in the team, not only coaching the team of CSMs, but in some cases also actively involved in their tasks such as delivering functional gap analysis, leading workshops, and delivering change management and adoption plans for the Customer in conjunction with the CSM assigned to the account.
This Customer Success Manager (CSM) Manager role will directly manage FTE and/or vendor Customer Success Mangers (CSMs) that will cover managed Business Application customers in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Business Applications customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy. Key responsibilities include:
- Team Readiness & Development - Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile Customer Success Managers (CSMs), leveraging both HR & external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future CSM candidates.
- Coach employees on a daily basis on the Success Discipline, Business Value, Usage, Adoption and securing Renewals. Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset. Hold team and individuals accountable for results and Manage performance through 1:1s, connect sessions, performance management assessments and annual reviews (FTEs).
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through RoleGuide assessments and role-based training plans.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves Workgroup Health Index (WHI) results YOY.
Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Referenceability
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to Customer Success Manager (CSM) team to ensure effective delivery against the CSM Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of Active Usage, high-quality customer success plans, customer health, renewals, references and upsell/x-sell.
- Become an expert in the methodologies and processes that the CSM program is built on (Dynamic Journey to Success (DJS), Prosci, facilitation, etc).
- Drive CSM proficiency in the DJS methodology and how to apply it to varying customer scenarios.
- Drive efficient engagements by CSMs that enables scaling to more customers while maintaining a high quality customer experience.
- Build strong personal relationships with the Business Decision Maker (BDMs) that CSMs engage, developing a deep understanding of their business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture that excels at removing any blockers that put BDM business objectives at risk.
- Coach team on proper engagement with Sales and Account Teams. Ensure warm-hand offs occur and customer insights are shared back.
- Support Renewals by ensuring team understands Microsoft’s licensing/transacting mechanisms and is connected with the Licensing Sales Specialist (LSS) community.
- Drive a culture that turns customers in to raving fans and supports business applications sales by securing those fans as references.
- Evangelize the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform roadmaps, and help ensure the customer’s optimization of their investment.
- Effectively manage the business using a Portfolio approach that leverages data and tools to select and dynamically manage Customer Success Manager (CSM) engagements that will optimize Monthly Active Usage (MAU), secure renewals and maintain a high level of customer experience.
- Effectively leverage both local and Corporate HQ Scrum processes to remove any blockers impeding creation of MAU or landing renewals.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting on that performance to both local and the Business Applications Corporate HQ leadership .
- Drive high levels of data hygiene. Ensure timely/high quality data entry by CSMs to enable accurate reporting to Field & Corp leadership.
- Leverage customer relationships gather feedback on the CSM role and program to drive further improvement.
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team to create strategies and processes that enable incremental customer impact.
Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination
- Ensure that Customer Success Managers (CSMs) collaborate, partner and contribute as appropriate on Customer Success Plans, Two-sided Account Plans, Services Delivery Plans (SDPs), Services Growth Plans (SGPs) and Deployment Blocker analysis.
- Build collaborative engagement with Account Executives (AE’s) /Account Team Unit (ATU) Managers that facilitates customer access for CSMs and returns Business Decision Makers (BDM) insights on Accounts.
- Help CSM resources connect to their relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles in Enterprise, Small Medium & Corporate (SMC), Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), Premier, CSS, One Commercial Partner (OCP) and Licensing.
- Leverage a broad knowledge of Microsoft to work across groups, influence senior stakeholders, drive course corrections and manage risk.
- Be someone who is sought out for proven thought leadership by teams and stakeholders to influence action and results at senior levels.
- Demonstrate active and visible leadership with the stakeholders that own the key Dynamics 365 performance metrics in the Subsidiary, coaching them as necessary on strategies and activities that support Monthly Active Usage (MAU) growth.
- Communicate business, customer and partner realities across Microsoft.
- Act as a role model that encourages continuous personnel and organizational improvement.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.