|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Networking Team is growing and we’re looking for a creative and hard-working engineer who can combine optical skills with software development fundamentals to help build the world’s best optical network and SDN platform. We’re passionate about automating every facet of the network to converge on a self-growing, self-healing network. We want engineers that are equally passionate and can look at the problems with a Customer's perspective to create user experiences that truly enable and empower all Microsoft Cloud Services.
Focusing on the global Optical network, and working closely with partner teams in Azure Networking, you’ll be a critical part of developing the hardware, network design and large-scale services that drive our network to autonomy. This will include owning components from design through to deployment, operations and automation. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
- Design, test, and automate Microsoft’soptical hardware and global network.
- Contribute to the development of network architecture
- Autonomously identify deficiencies in existing tooling and automation. Works towards improvement
- Resolve live-site issues by troubleshooting complex network components and drive improvements
- Support innovation and cost management by developing new ideas for network systems and tools that meet customer and/or business needs.
- Take your ideas from design to production – own it end to end.
- 7+ years of professional optical engineering, network engineering or development experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or a related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions that enable Customers
- Experience with Python, REST, YAML, and Workflow systems
- Strong optical hardware and DWDM fundamentals
- Interest and ability to research new and emerging technologies to better solve networking problems
- Proven track record of getting hands dirty to fix problems and drive dependencies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.