|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission within the Microsoft Office Media Group is to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. Be part of integrating intelligent video across Microsoft 365 for a seamless content creation, collaboration and consumption solution, powered by Microsoft Stream. Come join Microsoft, an inclusive and diverse community where we treat each other with respect and act with integrity.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with strength in all stages of the product cycle. You are able to take designs from ideation to completion by executing strategic planning and hands-on design production. In this role, you will drive cross-discipline collaboration with Program Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other Designers to create world class user experiences for both business and consumer customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about video as an increasingly important form of communication and as an essential tool for modern productivity. You are customer-focused, utilizing user insights to develop creative and pragmatic solutions. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute high-quality design work within time and technical constraints, amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations. As a Senior Designer, you will also be an advocate for the value of design excellence across disciplines.
As a Senior Product Designer in the Office Media Group, you will:
- Transform customer insights into new features that empower customers to do more with video, and enhance existing features to improve usability and customer delight
- Create design assets that illustrates feature vision, customer-value, and a high-quality experience
- Quickly produce easily understood user flows, wireframes, user interface layouts and prototypes
- Lead other Designers and guide the design process from concept to completion
- Validate designs using a variety of customer driven methods including the Jobs To be Done Framework
- Clearly communicate research findings and resulting design rationale both verbally and visually
- Lead other Designers in collaborating closely with Program Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to ship product updates as part of a feature crew
- Drive collaboration across many Microsoft product groups to optimize video experiences across Microsoft 365
- Drive and facilitate team efforts such as brainstorming sessions, vision video creation, building user scenarios and developing concept sketches
Provide continuing, hands-on design support to engineering crews during software development to ensure a high-quality end-product
- A Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or 5+ years of industry experience in UX Design, Visual Design or Information Architecture
- Must have hands-on experience creating prototypes, layouts, wireframes, testing them directly with customers and iterating based on research insights
- A passion for fostering relationships across disciplines and teams to create coherent, best-in-class customer experiences.
- Strong understanding of human-centered design principles and the ability to incorporate that approach into every stage of the design process
- Professional experience documenting user experience and interactivity through functional specs, wireframes, user flows, comps, and design system libraries
- Professional experience presenting to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Ability to understand business objectives, critically review plans and proactively adjust as needed
- Proven experience scoping projects accurately, prioritizing effectively and producing deliverables according to timelines
- Professional experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract and the Adobe Creative suite
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.