|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Overview: Microsoft Modern Workplace solution area which includes the Office portfolio of products is undergoing fundamental change as we shift users from perpetual software to cloud services and subscription plans. This transformation has required us to upend old, established ways of doing things; think creatively about what the future might look like; and pursue groundbreaking ways of transforming the business.
Job Overview: More than financial modelers, we in Modern Workplace Finance are full business partners grounded in data on current business performance, adept in framing complex business issues, skilled in quantitative analyses and passionate about driving the business forward.
Within the finance group, the business planning team provides insightful and rigorous analyses to support pricing, packaging, licensing, M&A and business development activities, new product and datacenter investments and other decisions for Microsoft 365 as well as our perpetual software products, across commercial segments (Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB). We provide thought leadership by creating, evolving and socializing business frameworks such as Lifetime Value, Long Range Plan etc. to help inform decisions by business leadership.
The open position for a Senior Finance Manager will play a central role in driving a key growth pillar for Modern Workplace through share and sockets across different customer segments and profiles. He or she will partner closely with Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Business Development and Corporate Strategy in doing so. It is a rare opportunity with lots of scope for impact and executive visibility.
- Market & addressable opportunity: Research, define and quantify the addressable market for current and future Microsoft 365 portfolio of products, assessing current share, identifying opportunities for growth and surfacing to exec leadership to drive growth
- Long-range planning: Lead the development and update of the three- to five-year business forecasts for the entire Modern Workplace business and evaluate risks and opportunities in close partnership with the rest of the team and Marketing
- Pricing & packaging: Partner with Marketing to determine the optimal pricing and packaging of new products or features to be rolled out into the commercial SKU line-up, either as a separate standalone offer or as part of a suite
- Deals/Investment Decision support: Conduct ad-hoc analyses and frame business cases for strategic partnerships and new product investments
- Solid analytics and critical thinking
- Able to synthesize large amounts of data and complex scenarios and formulate and build business cases that drive insight and optimal economic decisions
- Meticulous, thorough, and detail-oriented, yet able to see “the forest for the trees”
- Clear communication style and able to adapt the altitude and surface area of her or his content to the audience (from director-level all the way to the SLT)
- Self-motivated; able to handle a high degree of ambiguity and quickly identify what needs to be accomplished across multiple concurrent workstreams and stakeholders, yet able to push back where needed
- 5+ years of finance experience, with clear evidence of significant impact and influence in prior roles
- MBA or prior strategic business planning or management consulting experience req
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.