|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Our C+AI, CS, CSEO Human Resources team provides world class HR partnership to over 43,000 Microsoft employees, manager, and leaders across the globe, in three unique businesses:
- The Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) group is leading the way to enable Microsoft’s Cloud-First/Mobile-First strategy, and to transform both the industry and the future of enterprise computing.
- Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) is leading Microsoft’s internal digital transformation and boldly pursuing big ideas that power significant advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day.
- The Microsoft Corporate Strategy (CS) team is a small, specialized group that advises our CEO and executive leadership team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and growth for the company across its portfolio of existing and new offerings.
The C+AI, CS, CSEO HR Consulting Director leads a team of HR professionals, individual contributors and managers, focused on the day-to-day human resources needs of our 37,000 US-based employees, including employee/manager coaching, career development, performance management, HR investigations and employee relations, as well as the design, planning, and execution of HR processes of our global footprint of 43,000 employees, including promotions, annual rewards, job eliminations, proactive retention, and data analytics. This role is uniquely positioned and scoped to partner with C+AI, CS, CSEO business leaders, impact ways of working for our aligned HR team, and influence the HR Consulting function and the HR Operating Model across Microsoft.
The work of the successful candidate will include:
- Employee Relations - You revolves issues with the highest complexity, visibility, and risk and address misconducts and other serious employee behaviors in partnership with leadership, peers in Human Resources, and Legal profession.
- HR Solutions Consulting - You support HR leaders to implement large-scale programs and drive consistency in program delivery within a business, region, or geography and you hold your team accountable for providing consulting services to business leaders on HR programs.
- Capability Building - You identify the appropriate approach and resources to build manager capability and you guide your team to provide one-on-one consulting/coaching with senior/executive business leaders. You also identify and manage training needs within the business, region, or geography supported and implement training plans.
- HR Projects & Programs - You lead your team in partnering with Centers of Excellence on defining Human Resources programs and processes and you oversee the identification of needs to design and implement local HR projects or programs.
- Data and Reporting - You lead data analytics and organizational health diagnostics. You also direct the analysis on employee relations issues.
- People Management - You help employees (individual contributors [ICs] and frontline people managers) identify growth opportunities, develop skills and build development plans. You drive the execution of projects. You establish and communicate performance expectations, identify and address gaps and monitor performance to ensure plans are met.
Key knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Negotiations - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Change Management - The ability to define and implement procedures and/or technologies to deal with changes in the environment. This may include adapting to change, controlling change, and/or affecting change.
- Data Analysis - The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using quality metrics and data. This includes the ability to convert general data and findings into applied, specific information and suggestions that add value to business planning and strategies.
- Human Resources Business Processes - Knowledge of Human Resources activities and business operations from beginning to end, including interactions with other business processes and functions.
- Human Resources Programs - Knowledge of the development and implementation process of a Human Resources program. This may include the ability to plan, design, implement, and/or ensure compliance for Human Resources programs used throughout the company.
- Diversity Promotion - The ability to establish and promote diversity and inclusion in multiple aspects. This may include the ability to identify high-performing and diverse talent, acknowledge/provide accelerated development opportunities and available resources, create and maintain an environment of objectivity, open communication, and respect.
- Employee Relations - Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, benefits, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, trade unions, etc.
- Corporate Culture Enhancement - The ability to correlate the organizational culture to new initiatives in order to keep the culture continually evolving with modern concepts. This includes the ability to communicate corporate culture broadly to educate and engage associates, and understand the culture to complement business strategy. This also includes the ability to use culture to guide decision-making and to ensure the company values and culture are visible and recognizable to internal and external stakeholders.
- Employee Investigations - Knowledge of Investigations, the conduct of a review, exploration, examination, and/or evaluation of records, events, activities, claims, products, behaviors and other actions in order to discover information relevant to the objectives of the investigation. This includes the ability to address the result of the investigation according to policy and in the interest of the organization.
- 10+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes OR 9+ years of experience with Human Resources or business programs/processes with Bachelor’s degree
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- 5+ years of Employee Relations experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.