|Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, Chevy Chase, Maryland, Hartford, Connecticut, New York, New York, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia, Woodbridge Township, New Jersey|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
The CSA Manager of Managers (M2) for Azure Data & AI is the most senior Data & AI Leader within our Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization. Data & AI is one of the fastest growing businesses inside the Azure platform, addressing the increasing customer demand for extracting value and insights to enable businesses to digitally transform. In this role, you will lead the technical strategy and execution of Microsoft’s Data & AI Services Portfolio to deliver on Microsoft’s aspirations and consumption goals.
The CSA Manager (M2) is a senior cloud technical leader with deep domain knowledge and experience in guiding customers across data estate migration, modernization, and transformation. The combination of this expertise and experience best enables our senior technical leaders to capture the opportunity and technical capabilities of Microsoft’s Data & AI Services to customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a multi-facetedsenior leader to lead and manage a team of CSA managers aligned to the Data & AI business. As a manager of managers, you will be accountable for the Data & AI business, and play a key role in developingthe alignment and partnership with internal stakeholders (engineering and product leadership teams), andcustomer/partner stakeholders, inclusive ofBDMs and ITDMs (Chief Data Officer, Chief Analytics Officer, etc). You will lead the Data & AI technical strategy and approach across the Operating Unit’s (OU) Data & AI team (CSA Managers, Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs)) to drive growth of Azure Data Services.
Key responsibilities include:
- This CSA Manager of Managers will directly manage a team of Data and AI CSA Managers that will be leading and managing CSAs coveringEnterprise customers in their respective territory.
- Be a technical thought leader and build trust with key technical decision makers and influencers across customers and partners. Provide clarity on enterprise wide data estate migration, modernization, transformation with respect to enterprise data architecture. Be comfortable addressing topics like information security, data governance, and compliance.
- Experienced at building and maintaining relationships with delivery leaders from top Azure Data Global System Integrators, Partners, and Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS).
- Possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication skills. Be effective at partnering with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
- Hire, on-board, and develop CSA Managers to lead Data & AI CSAs. Be able to set a clear bar for excellence and build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
- Coach and enable teams to accelerate Azure Data & AI projects from pilot/POC to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
- Develop strong connections with product and engineering leaders to facilitate thought leadership with customers, and act as voice of the customer and advocate for product related feedback
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption engagement management and high-quality reporting and insights
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical Field Experience: 10+ years of experience in technical sales, engineering or consultative delivery
- People Management:7+ years of experience in people management
- Domain experience in data & analytics: 3+ years of experience with the domains of data, analytics, and/or AI/ML
- Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions
- Strong technical understanding of Data and AI Enterprise cloud workloads
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation n needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field (preferred)
- Data and AI Managers: Certification in one or more of the following technologies: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (preferred)
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, MongoDB, CloudEra
This role can be located in Chevy Chase, MD; Burlington, MA; New York, NY; or Malvern, PA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.