|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Philanthropies TEALS is an industry-leading volunteer and community-driven program which builds computer science (CS) teacher capacity with schools and districts across the United states and BC, Canada. The TEALS Program (Technology Education and Literacy in Schools) recruits, trains, and matches industry tech professional volunteers with high schools to teach computer science (CS) courses with existing classroom teachers. TEALS has partnered with 600 high schools and 1800 volunteers this past school year and taught approximately 25,000 high school students.
As the TEALS Regional Manager Lead in the Southeast region, you will have a broad set of responsibilities to build and grow the TEALS team and school outcomes in the Southeast region of the United States. The Southeast Regional Manager Lead can be based in Atlanta (GA), Birmingham (AL), Jackson (MS) or other parts of the Southeast. Atlanta is a preferred location.
- Lead the TEALS Regional Managers in the Southeast region in the design and execution of the TEALS program
- Manage and support TEALS Regional Managers through growth, training and support of schools and volunteers with a combination of training, recruiting, coaching and retention strategies
- Recruit and onboard new Regional Managers into the team
- Identify, build and grow strategic regional partnerships to accelerate school and volunteer engagement
- Work across corporate, education and government settings to build strong relationships and partnerships that help further the TEALS mission
- Manage budget for the Southeast region
- Work closely with other TEALS Regional Manager Leads, the Program Management team, others on the Skills for Employability team and internal partner Microsoft groups to ensure success of the region.
- Develop and nurture relationships with community partners in the region to develop an equitable program in the region and to support school and volunteer growth and management
- Gather and offer insights from your region to improve the overall program and to help define and execute on new strategic initiatives
- Travel to regions (0-25%) across Southeast and some national travel to establish and manage community relationships and to train and support Regional Managers. Note – Microsoft is currently limiting travel to essential travel only and this role will not resume travel until this company restriction is lifted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Management of a geographically dispersed team
- Volunteer management
- Project management
- CSR Program Management - The ability to manage multiple corporate social responsibility or philanthropic programs at the local, regional, national, and/or global level. This includes managing and communicating timelines, budgets, priorities, work streams, dependencies, goals, and progress.
- 3+ years people management experience
- 7+ years relevant education/non-profit/corporate social responsibility/industry working experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Classroom teaching experience a plus
- Computer Science background a plus
- Experience working in Education preferred
- Experience managing programs with a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and racial justice is preferred.
- Experience working in or with a large, matrixed organization
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.