Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of every IT organization, by modernizing ways of service management collaboration. We are looking for an agile IT service practitioner to evolve Atlassian’s IT solution engagements, and take our capabilities to the next level.
In the role of Sr. ITSM Consultant, you will help Atlassian uncover additional business capabilities by engaging closer to the customer, connecting our evolving vision and benefits to customer outcomes, and helping customers deploy our ITSM solutions through a discovery driven consultative approach. Our Sr. Consultants are technology and process champions, demonstrating thought leadership to frame the customer's strategic direction, propelling our customer's team past their hurdles, unlocking additional value for the Enterprise and bringing outcomes into full focus. Through partnership with Solution Engineers & Sr. Enterprise Advocates, you will utilize your knowledge and experience in the area of IT Service Management to deliver value through prescriptive insights and methodologies. You'll be our customer's trusted advisor from Atlassian to accelerate the effectiveness of their teams with Atlassian's ITSM solutions. You will help our strongest promoters showcase their success to their peers, and serve as the tip of the spear in growing the reach of our technologies for new use cases and markets.
Required Job Skills:
- At least 5 years of technical and consulting experience with Atlassian products in the Enterprise or Fortune 5000 space. In particular, Jira, Jira Service Desk, and knowledge of other Atlassian ITSM tools such as OpsGenie and StatusPage.
- Experience working creatively with large Enterprise customers in a consulting or technical evangelist capacity, understanding their business needs and challenges, especially in the area of IT service delivery; including service requests, incident and problem management, CMDB, and change management.
- Proven solution specialist in the IT Service Delivery space, including familiarity, experience, and advocacy for industry-standard ITSM frameworks, such as ITIL v3.x and v4.
- Ability to partner with all parts/levels of Atlassian to advocate for customer use cases and outcomes.
- Passionate solution evangelist that enjoys presenting at events and trade shows, facilitation and leading of workshops for customers focusing on innovation, ideation, co-creation, development, and validation of solutions with the Atlassian products for ITSM.
- Effective communicator at all levels of business, ranging from product user to CIO, and is comfortable with delivering executive briefings and speaking publicly at analyst sessions.
- Ability to demonstrate articulately to customers and prospects, the value of developing and extending the Atlassian toolset (Jira Service Desk, OpsGenie, StatusPage, Confluence, etc.)
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems solved by Atlassian products including key regulations, business drivers, SLA metrics around IT service delivery, evolving business needs, security/compliance, etc;
- Influential in development, and enhancement of, application prototypes and innovative solutions with Atlassian products, both independently, and as an architect on a team with highly skilled solution engineers, consultants, and developers.
Preferred Job Skills:
- 5-7+ years technical and consulting experience with Atlassian Tools in the Enterprise or Fortune 5000 space. Jira and Jira Service Desk preferred.
- Professional certification in industry-standard IT Service Management frameworks, such as ITIL v3 and/or v4 and various service modeling techniques.
- ITSM implementation experience with ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, and/or other Enterprise ITSM tools.
- Deep knowledge of service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the Enterprise (web services, data storage/access, and persistence, virtual/physical servers, etc)
- Hands-on experience with DevOps and automation, integration, and orchestration tools, such as Puppet/PowerShell/Chef/Ansible, to name a few.
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, Azure, VMware, BMC, etc..
- IT Operations and Engineering experience with systems and network monitoring, alerting, and event management; including client and server network bandwidth usage, disk/memory utilization, database performance, etc,.
- Travel is currently restricted due to COVID-19. Once restrictions are lifted and it is again safe to travel it will range between 30-50%. Mostly domestic, but some international travel is possible.
More about our team
Our team is a globally distributed team of Atlassian solutions advisors who are passionate about crafting customer success. As a part of the team you'll engage with Enterprise organizations with some of the most sophisticated business challenges, and help them deliver a delightful solution to business users. Sr. Consultants are the trusted advisor whom customers can rely on to help them get the most out of our products and attain their ideal solution for team collaboration. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.