|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The LiveSite Engineering team is looking for a passionate Service Engineercandidates who can think broadly, collaborate well, pick up and contribute to a broad range of technologies, and generally want to have fun enabling enterprise customers to leverage technology to be their most efficient and effective in their business.
Our projects include our ServiceNow ITSM Platform, APIs, ITSM Task Orchestration, Compliance Automation, and ITSM Systems synchronization. You will be working with a team of other passionate Service and Software Engineers responsible for the end to end design and development of these core services for key stakeholders in ourCore Platform Fundamentals organization
- Works individually and with teams to drive reliability goals and objectives across platforms.
- Develops solutions to increase service stability through automation and process re-engineering
- Analyze service performance to improve quality and customer experience
- Helps development teams operationalize their efforts to enable self-ownership of production services.
- Responsible for evaluating and implementing automation and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects.
- Introduce new and impactful technologies to the production support tool chain that help minimize friction for production releases and support, and to diagnose and recover from production incidents more quickly
- Drive service quality and improvements with various ServiceNow modules including ITSM, SAM, and VRM
- Travel - 0%-10%, domestic
- 3+ years of operating, monitoring, and improving a large-scale online service
- 1+ years of experience with ServiceNow Administration and Development
- Experience working with features end-to-end.
- KPI driven, proactive and motivated for continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with people
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
Preferred, not required:
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related experience preferred
- Experience building services in Azure using Azure Automation, Biztalk Services, and hybrid cloud/on-prem services is a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.