|Job Type:||Full Time|
Earning -- and keeping -- the trust of our customers has never been more important as Microsoft works to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The mission of Customer Security & Trust (CST) is delivering security capabilities and solutions to protect our customers and promote global trust in Microsoft. Customer Security & Trust Engineering (CST-E) is comprised of 6 teams with over 100 FTEs and vendors delivering engineering solutions to proactively fight cybercrime in support of Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit (DCU), support law enforcement through enabling Microsoft’s response to over 60,000 subpoena and warrant requests per year, lead corporate-wide security development lifecycle governance, provides tools and evidence for customers to trust Microsoft products and services while ensuring cultural relevance, and providing thought leadership for securing the use of technologies such as Open Source Software, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
CST-E is going through an organizational transformation under the leadership of General Manager, Valecia Maclin, and has an immediate opening for a Software Engineering Lead who will operate as an organizational-wide asset. In this role, you will work across CST-E and in collaboration with partner CST teams and Microsoft Engineering Groups to ensure our end-to-end solution delivery is done with a focus on stakeholder priorities, timeliness, and excellence; while supporting the advocacy of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our team has an immediate opening for an Engineering Lead to help drive service delivery and operations on great engineering tools and services.
This is a great job if you want to broaden your influence and make an impact on a growing engineering team and its processes. In this lead role, you will mentor DevOps teams as they iteratively build, deploy and improve services in alignment with our mission. You will play a significant part in driving the full engineering lifecycle from project kickoff, into iterative delivery, and through support and refinement. Plus, this role will challenge you to make a difference in a broader context by helping Microsoft meet its legal obligations in a manner consistent with its principles and policies.
- Candidates must be US citizens capable of obtaining a government security clearance
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development or service engineering
- 3+ years of experience in managing technical teams
- 5+ years building and supporting scalable, secure and highly available online services
- Managing software and site reliability engineers in an Agile environment through multiple projects with iterative releases
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn, share and collaborate to improve yourself, and your teammates
- Willing to collaborate and lead by example, both technically and interpersonally
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, adapt and prioritize in fast paced environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have experience with...
- Building and supporting reliable, scalable and secure services using cloud-based technologies and industry patterns / best practices
- Leading engineering efforts to efficiently prioritize and address functional requirements alongside security and operational concerns
- Experience with migrating on-premise services to the cloud with minimal disruption, helping refine and improve services for delivery and real-world use
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.