|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold, and we're not slowing down. The Minecraft franchise continues to grow with the recent release of Minecraft Dungeons, and the early access release of Minecraft Earth. The Minecraft Core team is at the center of it all!
We're looking for a Senior Program Manager to partner with teams across Mojang Studios to define, drive, and deliver our vision to unify our community of players on PC. Our vision is bold, and we want to bring all our players together, to play our games, under a single experience. Come help bring the best experience to our players and have fun doing it!
Some key qualities that we are looking for: you are a highly competent and experienced Program Manager or Game Producer. You’re results-oriented and have a track record of working across multiple engineering teams to deliver quality product experiences and on-time. You care about the details of a user experience and how best to optimize for what players want. You have the intellect, horsepower, and ambition to develop plans and orchestrate work to solve ambiguous problems. You do what it takes to make your team and stakeholders successful. You are player-obsessed and team-focused.
- Collaborate across a distributed and global development team to build and execute against a well-defined product roadmap.
- Deliver against the product vision for a ‘One Desktop’ experience in collaboration with multiple feature development teams, user experience, community and business teams across Mojang Studios and Microsoft.
- Create clarity and focus to teams by community clear goals, milestones, plans of record and effectively managing change.
- Program Management Excellence: Partnering closely with the engineer team, execute and improve on software development processes that include taking in work requests, refining requirements, writing product specs, estimating costs, developing workback plans, executing scrum type rituals, identifying risks and reporting accurate status.
"writing" for continuity with the other phrases. [VC1]
- 7+ years software or gaming program management or producer experience
- 5+ years’ experience executing against agile software development lifecycle methodologies or similar
- Experience creating detailed roadmaps that coordinate efforts across engineering, art/design, user research and business teams
- Proactively identifies and mitigates risks to quality, schedule, and budget
- Experience working with global teams, across multiple cultures and time zones
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to set a clear path and follow it despite obstacles
- Strong attention to details, analytical problem-solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.