|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join the Microsoft Conversational AI Team which is part of the broader Azure AI Platform.
Our Conversational AI platform (Bot Framework, Virtual Assistant, Composer, Azure Bot Service) powers a wide range of 1st party products (e.g. Teams, Power Platform) and enables our 3rd party customers and partners to build sophisticated, multi-modal (text and speech) conversational assistant experiences which are surfaced to users through a wide range of conversational canvases (e.g. WebChat, Teams, WhatsApp, Google/Alexa, Telephony) and custom devices.
Any Conversational AI experience stitches together a broad range of AI capabilities (e.g. Language and Speech) along with the wider Azure and M365 platform which requires us to work across the company to enable customers and partners to create ground-breaking new experiences.
This role will help drive the product direction and vision for the Bot Framework and new Virtual Assistant capabilities central to Conversational AI moving forward and will transform how customers get started with creating and managing their own Azure based custom assistant, providing a core set of common conversational skills and enabling the next generation of sophisticated conversational experiences around the world.
The Conversational AI team within AI Platform is looking for a Program Manager who can take a key role in the exciting new Bot Framework and Virtual Assistant work ahead of us. You will partner closely with our engineering, design, field and marketing teams to understand our customers and their vision, and translate this into end to end scenarios and features which you’ll help drive with in close partnership with the engineering team.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. We are passionate about learning on the job, and our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we try to bring our growth mindset to work every day!
What you’ll be doing:
- Ambassador of Microsoft’s Conversational AI story internally and externally
- Engaging our customers both interactively and quantitatively to understand their needs and requirements
- Coordinating efforts with other AI and Microsoft teams to deliver end to end solutions for customers
- Leading our participation in some of the broader organization’s rhythms of business
- Partnering with our engineers to drive delivery of quality features grounded in customer evidence
- Collaborating with marketing, field, evangelism, and other teams to connect with and help our customers build Azure based systems of intelligence.
Taking an adaptive role in the team; tackling new and different problems as we evolve our products and processes
- 4+ years of experience in program or product management
- Help prioritize engineering investments to address key opportunities and provide requirements/validation
Decision making with clear direction, negotiation skills and a conscientious approach.
- Results driven; proficient and dependable analytical skills with good verbal and written communication
- Ability to identify new opportunities and learn as you go.
- Proven track record of cross group collaboration
- Working with customers and partners (business and technical stakeholders) to understand and develop opportunities, identify gaps and help drive outcomes
- Technical experience of the broader Azure platform and capabilities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.