|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Are you an enthusiastic, positive individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is passionate about driving continuous business improvement? If so, keep reading…
Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) organization is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments. CSS serves Microsoft customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class support for platforms and productivity services. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in services delivery with complex projects and environments.
We are looking for a dynamic, strategic thinker and experienced program manager to lead the Demand Forecasting & Capacity Planning rhythm of business, developing and managing a strategic roadmap, to drive accuracy and maturity of our planning processes. This is a critical role in the Resource Strategy business unit in CSS. This role requires the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders including Leadership Teams, across organizations & geographies. A tremendous opportunity to make a difference across the organization and for our customers!
- Own and lead end-to-end Forecasting & Capacity Planning program, including governance, working across functions to drive process maturity & accuracy.
- Lead annual, quarterly and monthly rhythm of business for Forecasting & Capacity Planning, creating and managing standards, processes and procedures to ensure smooth planning cycles and consistent processes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the sharing of information and ensure informed business prioritization and decision making.
- Drive articulate communication strategies to provide awareness, understanding, and alignment across planning functions and delivery support business units.
- Work seamlessly with peers and functional leads to positively influence broader outcomes, drive best practice as a team and continue to drive our customer obsession culture.
- Comprehend and track a complex set of business requirements as they get addressed across multiple functions.
- Manage and iterate on enabling capabilities of our tools and processes used for forecasting & capacity planning.
- Contribute toward enabling multi-year resource plans for all delivery organizations within CSS.
- Be part of a thriving practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience.
- 5+ years of experience in program management, project management, or operations, ideally related to workforce planning or business planning.
- Proven leadership, organizational agility, and executive presence with the ability to collaborate and influence others across organization boundaries.
- Ability to effectively and quickly synthesize disparate information into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions, navigating uncertain situations to drive for clarity, while working calmly and maintaining good judgement in a fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Clear, concise, and convincing communications – written, oral, and presentations. Experience managing & delivering executive level presentations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and to effectively manage virtual teams across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- Experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes.
- Ability to comprehend forecasting & workforce planning methodologies towards partnering with functional leads to drive accuracy.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and stakeholders across geographies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.