|Location:||Boulder, Colorado, Chicago, Illinois, Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cutting edge of cloud platform development? Would you thrive on working directly with our customers’ engineers to understand their needs, identify emerging patterns, and develop new capabilities? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. Important to this role, you will be enabling our team to deliver high quality engineering engagements, acting as a product owner for customer engagements.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. You’ll be the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- Drive customer engagements to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions to Microsoft products and to open-source communities
- Land Industry prioritized engineering scenarios adoption through leading engagements, sharing reusable assets and fostering cross-industry collaboration
- Serve as Product Owner, managing project plans, in partnership with domain subject matter experts (SMEs) within the organization
- Lead communications with our customers, within the team and SMEs to represent our customers’ requirements, triage and prioritize customer feedback, ensure clarity within the CSE working team and actionable intelligence for our product teams
- Continuously drive excellence in program management fundamentals to continually build our shared best-practices
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role.
- 5+ years' program management experience including shipping complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- 2+years as lead PM, communicating directly with customers, issue management to resolution and presenting projects to key stakeholders, including customer executives
- Strong program management (PM) experience in managing customer relationships and engagements, triaging and managing priorities
- Proficiency in creating technical reports, white papers or case studies
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Industry experience in one of the following industries: automotive, energy, travel and transportation, financial services, government, health, manufacturing, media & communications, or retail
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.