|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cutting edge of cloud platform development? Would you thrive on working directly with our customers’ engineers to understand their needs, identify emerging patterns, and develop new capabilities? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. Important to this role, we’re looking for a Program Management Office (PMO) Manager with good technical skills on Azure and with a passion to help others to be successful.
You will lead a team of Program Managers to drive the initial stages of the CSE technical engagements, working with the Cloud Solution Architects (CSA) and CSE Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to triage their requests for help and making sure we deeply understand both the ask and the potential impact it might have. You and your team will work with CSE Technical Program Management (TPM) team to ensure appropriate resources, from across CSE and the broader MS, are onboarded as needed for engagement delivery and will also assist the CSE Development Crews to ensure disciplined and rigorous application of the process and guidelines for execution, to ensure quality engagements. Finally, your team will be responsible for the monitoring of the closed opportunities, making sure we collect the feedback and any learnings coming out of the engagement. You will be part of a team of senior PMOs and you will be part of an active and energizing PMO community!
This role allows you to show your executive presence and problem-solving skills coupled with strong coaching capabilities to manage a team of Program Managers (PM). As part of the role, you will use your industry experience to contribute to various Microsoft groups, identify trends and patterns and make sure CSE will focus on the most impactful projects. Finally, attention to details, passion for data driven decisions and strong collaboration skills are a must.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. You’ll be the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered.
- The ideal candidate is able to manage a team of PMs creating clarity, generating energy and delivering success. Your passion for growing people will make the difference!
- Collaborate with the other senior members of the team to share insights, practices and data that can influence the decision process on the engagements reviewed
- Leverage analysis/data analytics to generate insights on customer engagement, delivered solutions, and technology impact to inform and recommend ways to reshape our business, propose new business models and enhance our ecosystem through broad application of solutions and influencing the product roadmap
- Foster a data-excellence driven culture by solving cross-organizational problems, sharing best practices, and creating insightful dashboards and Power BI views that help optimize customer engagements and track on business impact
- Help your team members to scope customer engagements focused on clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria. You might also be asked to take that responsibility on yourself if the workload is high!
- Working across multiple teams in Microsoft as a key operational stakeholder managing customer engagements and supporting your team to remove blockers
- Continuously drive excellence in program management fundamentals to continually build our shared best-practices
We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role.
- 5+ years' program management experience including shipping complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- 2+years as lead PM, communicating directly with customers, issue management to resolution and presenting projects to key stakeholders, including customer executives
- Strong program management (PM) experience in managing customer relationships and engagements, triaging and managing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization
- Functional knowledge in cloud computing, mobile technologies, and software development lifecycles
- Proficiency in creating technical reports, white papers or case studies
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Industry experience in one of the following industries: energy, travel and transportation, financial services, or manufacturing
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
We welcome diversity of all kinds. Our team includes many perspectives, cultures, educational backgrounds, life stages, identities, and technical skills, and we believe this contributes to our success and that of our customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.