|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Sales Team
The Sales team directly impacts the growth of the company by acquiring high quality + high capacity new professionals who will provide an amazing experience for our customers. Our sales approach drives product comprehension, pro retention, and generates a much higher ROI for the pro vs. pros who self-serve signup. We are a growing sales organization, currently looking for highly motivated leaders who want to be a part of scaling our Sales org.
About the Role
As a Sales Manager, you will oversee a team of sales reps and their outbound efforts to acquire high-capacity businesses on Thumbtack. You will play a key role in the team’s growth by surfacing learnings from sales conversations, by testing new data sources and sales processes, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Maintaining high team morale, setting & achieving ambitious goals both as a team and as individuals, coaching and improving the sales process, managing ever-changing campaigns and team productivity, and helping to streamline the AE workflow and operations processes
- Train and mentor current team members and new hires on sales strategies, scripts, and processes in a work from home environment
- Continue to paint the vision to AEs of what they are set up to achieve, the impact they’re having on the company, and where the team is headed
- Provide feedback to business operations on ways to streamline sales reps’ workflow and efficiency
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Expert at solution-based selling through aligning prospect goals, needs and problems to Thumbtack solutions
- You provide your team with sincere, regular praise & recognition and constructive, timely feedback.
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our systems tools; also comfortable scrapping old methods to test or recommend new ones
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have 3-5 years sales experience and 2-3 years of sales management experience
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Google Sheets and Slides
- Business-related coursework
- Bilingual a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.