Last updated 1 hours ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to lead enterprise customer insights programs. If you like working in a broad role that encompasses program management, writing, analysis, presentation, and business strategy, then this is the role for you! In this role, you will become an expert on our enterprise customers. You will be responsible for program managing our enterprise metrics leadership meetings and you will also help support our enterprise health reporting.
As the Program Manager for our metrics meetings, you will be responsible for writing the executive summary, ensuring content from stakeholders is ready and high quality, running the meeting, and following-up afterward with action item owners. Our team is nimble and scrappy, so in addition to running the meeting, you will be expected to proactively identify improvements, develop plans of work to improve it, and run those tracks of work. This is a highly visible program with many stakeholders across different parts of the business.
The second program you will be responsible for supporting is our enterprise health reporting. This is a new program that we are piloting. You will help to manage tracks of work like running our Data Center surveying, our Partner feedback channel, as well as other feedback channels. You will partner with the Lead Program Manager to help produce and distribute the report. You will also be responsible for helping to follow-up on action items from the report.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a strong bias towards action, are a structured problem solver, and are eager to learn everything there is to know about our enterprise customers.
In this role you'll get to:
- Run the operations for key business meetings and drive improvements
- Program manage a new report on enterprise customers
- Partner with our customer and product analytics teams
- Work cross-functionally within a large organization
- Build process and scaled operations with stakeholder teams
- Become an expert on enterprise customers
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be an expert in program management and have 5+ years of experience in Program Management
- Have excellent written communication skills, you can clearly and succinctly articulate insights
- Have experience with qualitative feedback and have worked closely with data analysts in the past
- Project manage initiatives in partnership with product, analytics, research, and other stakeholder teams
- Think strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- Program management certification
- Experience partnering with analysts and consuming data
- Experience with enterprise tools and software teams
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.