|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-term planning for manufacturing functions (CNC Machining and assembly), including production control, engineering, inventory control, purchasing and shipping/receiving activities.
- Defines goals, improves technologies, and resolves issues.
- Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing
- Develops operations related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for cost reductions from analyzing variances to continuous improvement efforts ensuring accountability in Value Stream
- Facilitates delivery and lead time improvements though engagement with planning teams, analyzing QCPC driving issues to root cause and corrective actions
- Drive labor flexibility in the Value Stream to be able to meet fluctuating demands
- Drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing tools/concepts eliminate waste
- Responsible for capacity planning process, pro-actively identifying potential bottlenecks to meeting customer demand – justify capital as needed
- Leads the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for the value stream
- Communicates with customers on an as needed basis with regards to new and existing products.
- Collaborates with the launch organization on the introduction of new products.
- Ensure that an effective communication system is in place through all levels of the value stream.
- Ensure that roles and expectations are clearly communicated throughout the entire value stream.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business; Equivalent combination technical school and additional operational experience will be considered.
- Minimum five years’ experience working as a manufacturing engineer and machining experience with CNC equipment strongly preferred
- Project leadership experience, with strong organization and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial terms and concepts.
- Knowledge of Operations Management and contemporary manufacturing/quality systems
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective human relations, negotiation skills, and team dynamics
This position is located at our Waynesboro, PA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.