|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Commerce Finance team, part of Microsoft Corporate Finance and Services, is at the center of Microsoft’s digital transformation. The team’s charter is to advance C+E’s online business agenda by designing and delivering Financial capabilities to support launches and to ensure accurate and compliant online Financial Reporting.
C+E is Microsoft’s Online Commerce platform that supports billing, payment and collection, developer payouts and fulfillment through all of Microsoft’s online marketplaces (Azure, Office, Xbox, Microsoft.com, etc.). As we modernize our commercial offerings and converge our consumer storefronts, the volume of transactions on the platform is experiencing a very significant growth.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager with strong Controllership and Financial Analysis expertise to support our mission to strengthen and scale our C+E Financial Reporting processes. This position will play a key role in ensuring accurate financial reporting and leading investigations relating to the order to cash process on the Modern Platform. This role will partner closely with various Finance, Operations, and Engineering teams to perform financial analysis, and to design and implement new system, reporting, and process improvements to support the scalability of the Modern platform.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounting/Finance professional to work in a high performing team, a fast-paced and complex environment, thus bringing ample opportunities to grow and deliver impact. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has the ability to work through ambiguity, proactively solve problems, and drive process improvement.
The Senior Finance Manager scope will include the following:
- Develop a solid understanding of end to end processes, data flows, control environment, and financial systems supporting the Modern order to cash process.
- Close Process: Complete month-end close activities, approve monthly or quarterly GL reconciliations, review SOX controls, and assist in internal or external audit queries.
- Ensure business and system changes are covered with appropriate financial processes and have sound internal controls in place. Support the design and testing of new processes and changes.
- Lead investigations and drive solutions into identified system and financial issues with relevant business partners relating to the order to cash process.
- Contribute to the validation/UAT of new payment instruments and Merchant IDs.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and take a leadership role on cross-group initiatives to improve business and reporting processes and solve problems.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders to ensure all risks and issues are appropriately captured, mitigated, and managed.
- Analyze and present executive financial results / risks to leadership teams, which includes quarterly reviews and identified platform issues.
- Build and foster trusted relationship with a wide set of stakeholders by being a collaborative partner who can listen, onboard different perspectives, and deliver on commitments.
- A Professional BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, business, or economics is required with a minimum of 6 years of demonstrated work experience in finance with an emphasis on Controllership, Financial Systems, and Audit.
- Strong knowledge of financial and reporting systems (experience with Microsoft financial systems and processes is a plus), internal controls, and familiarity with GAAP.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. Detail oriented and thorough, with ability to think “big picture”.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, and partnership competencies. Ability to mobilize a diverse team to a common goal.
- Highly effective individual who can work independently with excellent organization skills - ability to manage multiple, competing projects/priorities.
- CPA with Online Commerce experience is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.