|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) organization needs your expertise as a technical Principal Program Manager to ensure an optimal customer experience for our global customers and partners. We are responsible for advancing customer and partner satisfaction with Microsoft. We work with groups and roles across product marketing, engineering, sales, services, and support, in partnership with subject matter experts on the strategy and execution of key projects and drive customer experience (CX) improvements at scale.
As the Principal Program Manager for Engineering Groups, you will take on some of the most exciting and important CPE and CX challenges across our satisfaction measurement efforts in collaboration with our market research teams, Worldwide Commercial Business, Global Sales, Marketing & Operations, support, engineering and product marketing groups (including the Cloud + AI and Experiences + Devices divisions). You will ensure that challenges that impact customer satisfaction (including understanding and driving key metrics that are indicative of satisfaction) are identified, measured, and shared with appropriate business owners to accelerate our customer and partner's success with our products and services.
As a highly motivated Principal PM, your passion to deliver great customer experiences, deep technical abilities, business acumen, wide set of contacts across the company will be at the core of your success to drive effective cross-company initiatives on satisfaction measurement (from broad, global measurement to specific product/services). With a background of shipping products and services at scale, your strong leadership and cross-company collaboration skills will help improve the ways we measure end-to-end CX across teams, obtain actionable feedback, and make clear recommendations on how to drive improvement.
Your role will reach across the company as you work on company-level strategies in close collaboration with senior leaders and executives across product engineering and marketing groups. You'll help drive and sponsor regular reviews of cross-group and cross-company product/services issues and mitigations, and ultimately make it simpler to do business with Microsoft. As you come up to speed quickly on new areas and technologies, you will work with teams to gather key business critical data from different sources, frame complex strategic problems, and assist the effort to create and implement on clear recommendations and action plans.
You will also be involved in our global Lifecycle Policies for all Microsoft products and services worldwide. With a core team focused on work with the product groups, marketing, LCA, operations, support, and services, you will translate business strategy and policy into compelling and customer-centric messages, and define, implement, and manage a lifecycle framework to ensure successful execution and landing of all policy messaging across internal and external audiences.
- Drive the strategy for the evolution of worldwide engagement efforts for Customer and Partner Experience at Microsoft
- Work to develop and integrate product satisfaction research and insights into the global satisfaction measurement work
- Drive customer accountability across organizations to successfully resolve issues, with close consideration of the customer’s perspective.
- Lead regular project reviews with v-teams, CPE executive sponsors, management, and executive staff.
- Coordinate and drive resolution of cross-engineering group customer issues and opportunities through virtual teams and key points of contact and SMEs.
- Work closely with a variety of corporate groups to identify difficult or complex scenarios that reach beyond product/service boundaries.
- Collaborate as a passionate “player-coach” to lead cross-division connections among product and services, marketing, support, operations, and customer segment teams.
- Influence product and service product/service improvements and design based on market data and research, product telemetry and customer feedback channels.
- Capture and manage significant CPE issues (including business, engineering, and policy requirements) to create awareness and correct potential misalignments.
- Contribute to internal and customer-facing guidance and communications.
- Capture best practices and ensuring that our contacts across the company are informed/aware of other internal key initiatives and issues.
- 5+ years of experience with and understanding of Corporate, Employee & Legal Affairs, sales, marketing, support, and services (and associated processes), as well as working knowledge of sales / field roles and practices.
- 7+ years of technical program or product management experience, leading high-performance cross-functional and direct teams.
- Technical experience including on premises products and cloud services and solutions
- Must possess an applicable technical undergraduate degree or commensurate industry experience.
- Customer obsessed, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to impact and influence business decisions across boundaries, often in ambiguous situations.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills across executive leadership, engineering teams, and customers and partners.
- A deep understanding and experience with a broad set of Microsoft products and services.
- Able to run complex projects on time with great organizational skills.
- Understanding of services connections and interdependencies, including relationships at the product and component level.
Location/Travel – You will be based in Redmond, WA. You can expect limited travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! This is a rare and unique role that operates on a cross company scale like no other! When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.