|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world.
This is a unique opportunity for a bold, customer oriented, strategic thinker to help identify unique prospects across the West Region and execute Microsoft cloud deals that drive significant publicity, competitive share, and revenue for the Microsoft Azure platform. The primary focus will be on early-stage start-ups and ISV’s that are transforming key verticals.
The GSMO Digital Transformation Partnership organization is embarking on an effort to identify and engage with late stage start-ups and unicorns to secure long lasting partnerships with such organizations and get them to utilize the benefits of our platforms and leverage the advantages of our business model. This effort will involve close alignment with the WW Business development and ISV organizations and deep collaboration with the local area teams.
In this context, we are building out a Team in Silcon Valley that will partner with broader teams including a technical team, formed primarily of Cloud Solution Architects within our Customer Success Unit.
The collective responsibility of the late-stage startups and unicorns team is:
- Leading and shaping the future of high potential late stage start-ups and unicorns based on locally set selection criteria
- Assessing external data identifying those unicorns and late stage, qualifying them based on current status, scores, cost of complexity and acquisition as well as internal Microsoft relationship and relevance (any upcoming ISV that can scale and go big)
- Engaging with this segment to prioritize the right motion for a potential unicorn WIN (either through projects on Azure at the start, strategic partnership with commitment, or exclusivity on a specific workload)
- Building strategic partnerships at the right time, with those unicorns to accelerate their growth and build new solutions
- Onboarding the selected ones onto the Azure platform, designing and helping to migrate and increase consumption while striking the right goals for unicorns
- Envisioning new industry scenarios and business models with the unicorns
- Driving technical alignment with the v-technical team across segments (CSU, STU, GBBs, Engineering, CSE etc…)
The Business Development Manager is leading and orchestrating One Microsoft team efforts to drive ambitious growth and wins, with late-stage start-ups and unicorns, on Microsoft cloud Platform.
This senior role will partner closely with resources in the Business Development Organization, WCB, Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Legal, Business Desk, and other groups across Microsoft. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategic thinker and market expert: Accountable for identifying growth opportunities, defining strategies, prioritizing sales plays and developing go-to-market execution plans, to ensure Microsoft realizes its full growth potential within the late-stage startups and unicorns space. This process will integrate and rely on thorough analysis of external and internal data for building a solid portfolio of prospects
- Growth & Transformation business leader and Customer Advocate: Engage with the late-stage start-ups and unicorn customers to accelerate revenue growth, drive business outcomes, while helping customers to digitally transform in their industry. Responsible for supplementing global data with local insights to optimize for customer lifetime value through acquisition, retention and growth strategies
- Sales Leader: Ensure each customer has the most valuable relationship with Microsoft and execute MS vision of empowering enterprise customers, driving business growth and transformation through strategic thinking, sales execution and influence
- Deal Maker: Develop and progress the deal shaping and commercial deal construct that is optimal for both the customer and Microsoft
Core competencies in the role include: customer obsession, creative deal making, resilience, goal orientation, embracing internal and external leadership opportunities, strong business networking ability, public speaking, CxO level presentation and partnering skills, structured thinking, and deep project management.
- 10+ years' experience spanning complex solution selling, consulting services sales, sales management, corporate strategy, investment banking
- Prior business development experience highly desired
- Deep understanding of cloud computing, application hosting, social media and software development (level 200+)
- Experience in building long-term commercial agreements that deal with ambiguities and dynamic business changes while minimizing risk
- Ability to analyze and model financial data
- Ability to creatively move difficult deals forward by restructuring the deal and/or finding ‘win-win’ scenarios and ensuring competitive advantage
- Ability to coordinate with external partners and internal teams, both on the business and technical sides to deliver on strategy
- Accuracy in providing senior executives with required information, which ensure project visibility and risk mitigation
- Domestic and International travel of up to 50%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.