|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vexcel specializes in complete systems integration of Microsoft and Open Souirce technology as part of our customers' entire solution set. This includes ensuring technical, cost and schedule performance while helping to lead a large team with multiple subcontractors on a fast paced and highly innovative program. The focus of the program is to build a complex software intensive system while simultaneously being operational in a mission critical environment. The focus of this role is to assist in the utilization the Full Next Gen OSS Technology sack of ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Kafka, StreamSets, Spark, Hadoop, Hive and Microservices developed in Java.
- Responsible for tactical design of open source solutions based on high level vision and direction from technical leads.
- Participate and contribute to task creation and estimates for proposed code implementation.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies such as daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Consistently update assignments in ADO and identify blockers in a timely fashion to the technical lead.
- Assist other team members in understanding complexities of designing & implementing full stack solutions with an emphasis on search and micro services.
- Implement moderate to complex infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of Java and Python for full stack implementations
- Familiar with advanced deployment automation practices leveraging infrastructure as code.
- Experience leveraging advanced operation tools and making data drive decisions by analyzing APM (Application performance monitoring) System Metrics and log aggregation data to drive platform improvements and eliminate down time and performance issues.
- Experience running Apache open stack platforms such as Hadoop, Kafka, Redis, Hive, Cloudera etc.
- Experience with SQL Server and .Net stack a plus.
- Demonstrated experience over a prolonged period in running mission critical platforms with high uptime SLAs.
- Experience working for an IT systems integrator in a customer facing role
- Work efficiently with limited supervision with all levels of staff in high activity / fast paced environment
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing various responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to debate, dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with both internal and external stakeholders collaboratively and constructively
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.