|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there must be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We’re looking for a talented program manager who is also a highly-capable engineer.
In this role, you’ll lead across our broad team—from hardware to end-customer experiences—to develop our Quality Engineering for Public Sector Mixed Reality solutions. Our solutions require a quality engineering approach which helps ensure product integrity, device reliability and end-user safety. You will re-define the quality engineering approach for Mixed Reality devices and modernize Public Sector customer quality and validation processes along the way.
- Engage directly with your new teammates to understand the state-of-the-art in Mixed Reality device hardware, services and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Partner across the Mixed Reality team to understand existing quality and validation engineering efforts.
- Engage directly with Public Sector customers to understand and manage their quality and validation expectations, processes and regulations.
- Develop quality engineering programs which re-define how validation is performed in a hardware plus software program with ongoing development.
- Develop quality engineering programs which re-define how public sector customers acquire hardware, software and services solutions. You will deeply understand the underlying customer need and developing the most practical and effective solution to address.
- Be the single source and most vocal advocate for complete solution quality, end-user acceptance and underlying validation processes.
- Communicate with precision and clarity to drive alignment in both small and broad teams.
- Report out to executive leadership and customer leadership on a periodic basis.
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence cross-functional team members to achieve product perfection.
- 12+ years of Program Management, Product Management and/or Project Management experience.
- Experience working in Quality Engineering, Test Management, Validation or other QA areas.
- Experience working through a complete product cycle (from initial design through post-release maintenance).
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.