|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building technical education that helps people advance their careers? Do you gain energy from building new strategies, and leading teams through change? Would you jump at the opportunity to significantly expand a new team? The Technical Content Development team in Worldwide Learning is looking for an experienced content development leader to lead a newly formed team focused on building a broad technical skilling curriculum for thousands of Microsoft support engineers.
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate in the content we deliver.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate leader with experience in technical education development, to lead a new Customer Service & Support (CSS) Technical Content Development team that designs, creates and maintains curriculum paths that provide a rich and best-in-class learning experience for Microsoft support engineers supporting customers with Azure, Microsoft 365, and Business Applications scenarios.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical Curriculum Content Development Strategy: Improve and transform the way we build and deliver technical curriculum to Microsoft’s support engineers, inclusive of standards, processes, and vendor support model
- Technical Curriculum Content Development Operations:Lead a team of full-time and vendor content developers to develop customer-focused, relevant, and high-quality technical curriculum for support engineersacross Azure Apps & Infra, Data & AI, Business Applications and Modern Work scenarios; Partner with CSS, WWL, DevRel and Engineering teams to take full advantage of, and provide platform feedback to, Microsoft standard content development and publishing platforms such as Microsoft Learn
- Process Maturity & Alignment: Drive operational maturity in team processes, including work planning and tracking, data & reporting insights;Partner with other technical content development leaders on the team to continue to evolve and improve content development standards and processes, and seek opportunities for content reuse where appropriate
- People Management & Leadership: Model, coach and care Microsoft and team values for team members; attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in disciplines such as learning & development, support readiness, or program management. Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience leading technical learning & development or program management teams, with a proven track record of building and leading teams through growth and transformation
- Strong people management and coaching skills; commitment to Microsoft’s model, coach, care philosophy
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, ability to lead with empathy, and demonstrate open and honest feedback and interactions
- Strong project management including Agile methodologies, continuous integration delivery mechanisms, experience in building ground up services & teams and ability to quickly spot and implement industry trends
- Experience defining and improving operational processes
- Deep familiarity with at least one Microsoft cloud platform technology (Azure, Microsoft 365, and/or Business Applications)
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment core competencies
- Competency in the following: Trusted Advisor, Executive Maturity, Influencing for Impact
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity
- Deep understanding of Customer Service & Support engineer roles
- Deep understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis, funnel trends) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (when business travel resumes; 10-15%)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.