|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Business Outcomes (CBO) – Business Architect
The U.S. Subsidiary is one of Microsoft’s largest business units, driving major impact to the overall revenue of the company. The organization is responsible for driving all aspects of Microsoft’s business in the United States and helping to enable both customers and partners across our platforms and products. As part of this US based mission, we are looking to innovate and expand upon the standard operating principals of general business. Specifically, we are implementing Microsoft’s vision of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more by creating net new ways to engage and empower a whole range of organizations across a geographic landscape in a cohesive One Microsoft motion. The range of activities spreads across core business objectives and products like Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Big Data, and Modern Workplace. But more importantly, the range of activities spreads across our Core human principals of Empathy, Impact, Enhancing Lives and Sustained Economic Development.
We are seeking a CBO Business Architect who will play a key role to develop and implement a 3-5-year Business Case for Digital Transformation with our customers, combined with our ecosystem of partners and industry influencers. Specifically, this role will deliver capability to the field sales community to discover and validate the customers’ desired business outcomes, quantify the value, identify the capability needs and assess the customers’ maturity level, and model the scenarios of financial impact. A Business Architect will apply our CBO methodology and work closely with MSUS Industry Executives and Worldwide Commercial Business Industry Leads & Subject Matter Experts to ensure domain expertise. Internally, this role will also quantify the total addressable problem at a domain level to define future incubation and capability development opportunities.
The ideal person needs to be an experienced, versatile, and strategic sales executive with a deeply rooted passion for improving customer outcomes through technology innovation and transformation. This role will focus on identifying, clarifying, and delivering business outcomes for our customers. The key capability of this role is to align across with many different executive personas (CEO, COO, CFO, Business SVP, Business Development Leaders and CIO) inside our customers, bridging the differing priorities of Business and IT, and serving as their collective strategic advisor to help maximize their technology investments.
The ideal candidate must be able to speak in the language of the customer and translate their capability needs to the relevant areas of the Microsoft portfolio in order to provide guidance and acceleration across the Microsoft sales process to account team orchestration (Account Executive, Account Technology Strategists, Solution Specialists, Digital Advisors, and Cloud Solution Architects).
The role is customer facing and will need to support meetings and presentations to senior executive and board members from both the internal Microsoft and external partner/customer perspective.
Together we will
- Influence the Sales culture at Microsoft to be outcome-based versus product/solution-focused in order to assist customers in achieving their long-term goals, transform their businesses, and positively impact the customer position in the industry.
- Build and own the holistic role activation strategy, sales field engagement model and plan for CBO detailing critical insights that are presented to senior officials across MSUS and applied for scale.
- Engage directly with customers, Microsoft account teams, and Partners (as needed) to conduct discovery, oftentimes through a CBO Discovery Workshop.
- Identify customers’ desired business outcomes, acting as the strategic advisor that bridges Business and IT needs to reach consensus.
- Validate business and technical capabilities that need to be adopted or matured and translate them into digital strategies.
- Develop and implement 3-5 year business cases for digital transformation with our customers, leveraging Microsoft & Partner solutions.
- Model, coach and orchestrate the account team communities to increase business outcome selling acumen and focus on targeted wins to establish Microsoft as the partner of choice within a vertical.
- Identify industry subject matter experts and build a coalition of support required to ensure alignment to MSUS Share of Growth and Business Outcome Strategy and path to attain
- Lead multiple, highly complex engagements across various functions, which ultimately coalesce into one comprehensive model for engaging customers in a Business Outcome oriented sales motion
- Identify growth opportunities in our priority verticals which yield a sustainable advantage for MSUS with clear entry and exit criteria for the CDO Organization
Work with Finance to deliver scalable tracking mechanisms to show and manage impact across various internal teams
Work with our investment, field sales and community engagement teams to develop, plan, track and implement a range of long-term investments and drive long-term program sustainability
You are a great fit if you
- Bring strong business outcome and strategic selling expertise.
- Demonstrate executive presence and professionalism.
- Like forward thinking about where the business could go versus where we are today.
- Have a passion for Business Strategy and the ability to identify how to capture growth in a market.
- Are a sales achiever who achieves results by understanding digital transformation drivers and customer priorities. You can identify new opportunities to help customers accelerate their move to the digital age for their own benefit as well as their customers
- Are a digital transformation driver who anticipates market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions to customers, influencing business and technical decision makers, building trust and translating solutions into business impact and outcomes that accelerate the customer’s digital transformation
- Are a sales challenger who continuously builds industry and technical knowledge. You ring innovative industry solution, benchmarks, and references to C-level executives that drive greater efficiencies, optimization and increase customer satisfaction
- Enjoy spending the majority of your time with customers to solve their business problems with Microsoft and our Partners technology and services.
- Are proficient in engaging with senior level business and technical decision makers, and are able to serve as a ‘translator’ between Business and IT.
- Have significant experience with Cloud, IoT, AI, Big Data, or other industry-relevant technical capabilities.
- Can collaborate with a wide range of people across organizations, disciplines and levels at Microsoft
- Possess ability to manage many different activities at one time.
- Have a background that displays confidence in participating and managing very regimented activities and drive measurable outcomes over a long period of time across multiple activities.
- Enjoy challenges in a new environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Have a strong focus on Diversity & Inclusion.
- Are interested in helping people to live better lives.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background.
- 10+ years in sales, business/enterprise/solution architecture strategy, management consulting, product management
- Significant experience in technology sectors and ability to make confident recommendation at C-level, business decision makers.
- Ability to speak in customer language and translate their capability needs to the relevant areas of the Microsoft portfolio
- Proven track record of helping customers to achieve their business vision through digital transformation
- Exceptional leadership, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed with ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Program management and execution skills.
- Experience practicing Challenger sales methodology.
- Strong background in and/or knowledge of one or more Industries (i.e. Retail, Manufacturing, Health & Life Sciences, etc.).
- External customer experience in support of customer-facing sales or engagement teams.
- Succinct communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking.
- Able to influence others who do not have direct accountability to you.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work as part of a team that is driven, motivated, and demands excellence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.