|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Xbox Cloud Gaming team is looking for an experienced Principal Data/BI Program Manager with a track record of building business and operational insights platforms, big data and experimentation. This role will provide Program Management leadership for all things data in xCloud, supporting a team of data engineers, PMs, Dev Leads and Data Scientists across xCloud and the Gaming Division.
Are you obsessed with helping Customer and Partner experiences materialize? Do you love providing data to drive key decisions at all levels of a project? Do you have deep knowledge related to software/service readiness through preview programs like Flighting/AB testing/experimentation? Have you helped design and deliver listening systems as an indicator to measure engineering readiness for the ecosystem? If so, we want to talk with you.
You will help drive a culture of data quality and insights across all aspects of Project xCloud. Partner with xCloud BI Team to serve data for business insights and xCloud Global Operations to serve operations insights. You’ll be in on the ground floor, helping build the data and experimentation platform that measures operational health and release readiness for in-market gaming.
Collaboration, communications, lean process, transparency, attention to detail, data fluency and self-direction are valued in this position. You will be given plenty of room and support to grow personally and professionally on our high-performing team.
- Delve into and deeply understand xCloud’s architecture and our data platform capabilities/gaps in order to effectively prioritize, build and drive requirements for scale, perf and new insights
- Build trust and enrich relationships with business leaders, data scientists and devs across the Gaming Division to deliver performant and accurate data services at scale
- Work with client teams to gather and drive experimentation platform requirements
- Identify opportunities to leverage predictive platform usage analytics and define their requirements
- Bring a service-mindset to data delivery for partners
- Drive data quality investigations
- Implement data self-service framework for internal stakeholders and external operational partners (Telcos and ISPs, Hardware OEMs, Gaming content partners, Stores, etc.)
- Disseminate the art of telling compelling stories and making decisions with data to the entire xCloud team.
- Develop technical documentation and deliver executive briefings and reports
- Contribute to a robust culture of focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- 5+ years of professional experience in Program Management or Business Intelligence
- Proficient in big data, visualization, and reporting stacks
- Experience working with machine learning and predictive analytics methods
- Ability to own/drive deliverables from inception to data-service delivery
- Experience working with data pipelines
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive results across multiple organizations
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role
- Experience with dimensional data modeling a plus
- Background in data architecture and its implementation in large environments a plus
- Familiarity with azure stack is a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent of work experience
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.