|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be a part of the team working towards positioning Microsoft as the market leader in Maps and Geospatial Services? Are you excited about transforming Bing into the destination of choice for maps search globally on desktop and mobile devices?
Microsoft Maps and Geospatial Team is looking for a strong technical leader with rich industry experience and diverse skills ranging from traditional distributed computing to hands-on expertise in large scale machine learning. This position offers great opportunities in develop successful careers and demonstrating strong technical and business leadership.
You will provide strong leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust. As a hands-on technical leader contributing in delivering premium maps quality and experiences internationally, very often one has to resort to using advanced geospatial and machine learning algorithms in keys areas such as maps data conflations and publishing, search and geocoding, user location, traffic and routing, rendering and controls.
- 3+ years engineering lead and people management experience
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development
- Capable of designing and implementing scalable production quality automated solutions to process large scale of data
- Good balance between theoretical and pragmatic execution capabilities, and the ability to understand implementation complexity and estimate development costs
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners to create win-wins
- Strong algorithm and analytical background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real world problems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in C# and .NET Framework or comparable programming environment
- Strong growth mindset with the ability to deliver innovative solutions solving challenging business and technical problems.
- Experience in data modeling, analytics, data mining and machine learning strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required; MS / PhD or equivalent experience is desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.