|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values – People, Prioritization, Partnership and Protect.
Microsoft maintains a global tax planning and compliance strategy that is administered and coordinated at the Microsoft Corporate level, as part of Corporate Finance and Administration, under the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Company. This set-up assures proper coordination and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
Tax & Trade is responsible for Worldwide Tax and Trade Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax and trade functions.
Export Control Manager is part of the Microsoft Worldwide Tax and Trade Organization, and this role will report to Global Export Control Director and will be responsible for engaging with the key business partners and stakeholders within Microsoft and executing and managing export compliance programs. This role will require collaboration with the business partners and stakeholders to enable the business to grow while comply with the applicable laws in the jurisdictions Microsoft operates.
Candidates must have excellent organizational and collaboration skills, excellent subject matter expertise, a high degree of adaptability, and the ability to bring clarity from ambiguous environment.
The key responsibilities of the Export Control Manager are:
- Collaborate with cross functional team members across Microsoft to execute and manage trade compliance efficiently and effectively
- Create an environment of collaboration, trust and compliance by design
- Develop a strategic engagement and team up with engineering teams and demonstrate a trusted advisor to efficiently respond to changing business and regulatory environments
- Provide day-to-day assistance, communications, briefings, awareness, and deliver export compliance training to the impacted stakeholders
- Oversee day-to-day Jurisdiction Classification Administration Center of Excellence (COE) to include:
- day-to-day operational classification support for Microsoft products, technology, and services
- Reviewing technical data that is being proposed for export to assess technical content and make appropriate export license determination.
- Ensure timely and accurate ECCN data management in the internal system
- General reports and metrics pertaining to ECCN classification decisions and rulings. Report on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities
- Prepare and submit official classification requests, government reporting filing globally
- Develop global classification alignment checks and reviews
- Assist with developing and maintaining Global Classification Product Matrix
- Assist with creating and managing classification logic to ensure classification consistency and accuracy
- Engage with inhouse trade lawyers to solve complex classification cases.
- Minimum 5 years of international trade experience, focusing primarily on export control and classification and program development
- BS in Computer science degree
- Or working experience in engineering space is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of:
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security ("BIS"), Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"),
- U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls ("DDTC"), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”)
- Missiles Technology Control Regime ("MTCR")
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex classification issues
Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task, including a demonstrated ability to drive decision-making in a fast-paced environment with on-demand requests
- Outstanding oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Requires a high degree of judgement, professional ethics, integrity and gravitas.
- Requires outstanding organizational skills, self-motivated, self-driven and result oriented.
- Attention to Details, Tactful, Strong Work Ethic, Adaptable, Flexible
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.