|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. We are responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the strategic Supply Chain team is responsible for establishing a supply chain that can meet the ever-growing growth of the Cloud and our customers. We support a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-billion, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects. Furthermore, we support the Operations team that manages and runs the cloud assets. We are looking to fill a critical role of Project Delivery Manager on our Supply Chain team.
- Continuous Improvement: Always seek ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes; includes deployment of tools, using data analytics and working with IT groups to define system requirements.
- Procurement Planning: Develop procurement plans adapted to market conditions to effectively deliver against project goals on budget.
- Negotiation: Develop appropriate negotiation strategies for the scope.
- Supplier Selection: Oversee supplier selection and performance management; ensure alignment to Microsoft business goals throughout.
- Contracting: Understand industry contracting norms and Microsoft contracting requirements; successfully facilitate negotiation of contracts that meet business goals.
- Contract Oversight: Oversee key elements of supplier performance to contracted requirements; drive corrective action and lessons learned.
- Project Management: Develop and implement plans to effectively deliver goods and services on time and within specification while managing risk.
- 10+ years’ post-graduate construction/ supply chain/ procurement experience specifically on large, complex capital projects
- 5+ years' experience in one or more key categories including AE, GC/trades, facility equipment, construction services, or operations services.
- 5+ years' proficiency and experience with various procurement methodologies and sourcing techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial field (engineering, construction management, similar); Masters preferred.
- Experience on large-scale construction projects - sourcing, managing, and administering contracts over USD $200M.
- Familiarity with data centers or other technology sectors as well as the greater construction industry.
- Technical ability to write contracts, ability to set up sourcing plans, and negotiation strategies and execute them.
- Excellent communicator that can interact with diverse groups across various organizational levels.
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.) and ability to facilitate change management.
- Able to identify and implement opportunities that reduce cost and/or cycle time.
- Ability to implement new processes and get buy in from a cross-functional team.
- Can create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success; always be planning for the future.
- Have high integrity – must be ethical and strong value-based individual focused on fairness and maintaining confidentiality.
- Bring high energy – a drive to achieve results in midst of ambiguity and a matrix organization.
- Be a high performer – be able to fit the Microsoft “culture” by effectively multi-tasking and managing priorities; have a “sense of urgency” regarding issue resolution.
- Understand the importance of relationships inside the company and with our supply chain partners.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.