|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in building and leading a new service with a massive impact? We are working on creating a new multi-tenant, scalable, resilient platform which will form the base for amazing new service offerings as well as running existing workloads more efficiently.
Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s next generation globally distributed, massively scalable, multi-model cloud database service. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. Azure Cosmos DB is one of the fastest growing Azure services. Joining the Azure Cosmos DB team is a fantastic opportunity to work with highly talented engineers operating like a startup, and to deliver on our next set of big challenges.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Manager who:
- Bring clarity, create energy, and drive results – you’ll set a vision, rally the team behind it, and deliver for our customers
- Strong customer passion, accountability and drive who can take initiative and accomplish big goals, deliver end-to-end.
- Strong design, coding, and problem-solving skills, with a bias for designing at scale.
- Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale, commercial services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 5+ years of internship or 10+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 10+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
- 1+ years of technical lead and people managment experience
- Experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
- Strong customer passion, accountability and drive who can take initiative and accomplish big goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude: Self-starter, project finisher and adaptable.
- Strong design and problem-solving skills, with a bias for designing at scale.
- Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, developing and shipping high quality scalable software and services
- Strong design, implementation and testing skills
- Managed and native code development experience
- Experience working with network protocols
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.