|Job Type:||Full Time|
For every hour doctors spend with their patients, they spend two hours on process and clerical tasks. When they do meet with patients, they spend most of the time glued to their computer. We are EmpowerMD, a mission focused product team in Microsoft Healthcare that’s building ambient intelligence for the clinic. Our technology will let clinicians focus on what they do best: taking care of their patients.
On our team you will work on a product that augments and assists clinicians as they take care of their patients. You will collaborate with a world-class team of engineers, designers, researchers, product managers and clinicians. You will anticipate what clinicians need and ensure that the final product is magical and sticky!
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your UX research skillsets. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
#healthcare #healthai #empowermd #microsoft #ai
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Work on AI enabled clinician facing products in the complex and challenging healthcare vertical
- Design and conduct research to understand clinician needs and interaction for current and future products
- Create compelling data summaries for the product and evangelize insights to help drive design and development
- Develop comprehensive research plans to drive strategic user research across the product lifecycle
- Create, direct analysis, and communicate root causes that limit the success of the product/service
- Conduct the analysis of real-world usage and reaction against established expectations
- Partner with product management, design, engineering, clinicians and other stakeholders to prioritize research
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, human-centered design, or Engineering (or related field). Master’s preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating UX research skills
- 8+ years of industry experience, working in user research
- 8+ years with a proven track record of turning research findings into actionable recommendations for engineering and business stakeholders
- Experience designing user experience for consumer software/services
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, surveys, site visits, user modeling, etc.)
- Deep expertise with tracking user experience metrics, data analyses (quantitative and qualitative), data synthesis and coordinating work on multiple products/releases
- Project management skills to prioritize research needs and ensure successful completion
- Excellent at multi-tasking
- Experience/ Interest in Health technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience in working with multi-modal datasets like telemetry, sentiment, unstructured text and combining them with qualitative insights to paint a holistic picture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.