|Job Type:||Full Time|
For every hour doctors spend with their patients, they spend two hours on process and clerical tasks. When they do meet with patients, they spend most of the time glued to their computer. We are EmpowerMD, a mission focused product team in Microsoft Healthcare that’s building ambient intelligence for the clinic. Our technology will let clinicians focus on what they do best: taking care of their patients.
On our team you will design products that are simple, intuitive, accessible, and quite simply, magical! You will collaborate with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, product managers and clinicians throughout the design process. You will create user flows, wireframes, build user interface mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. You will anticipate what clinicians need and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them!
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your visual design skills, design process, UX flows and interaction patterns, in addition to a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
#healthcare #healthai #empowermd #microsoft #ai
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Work on AI enabled clinician facing products in the complex and challenging healthcare vertical
- Demonstrate exceptional design thinking and produce designs that illustrate optimal user experiences
- Create and access design solutions based on user research data, user goals and business requirements
- Create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, communication artifacts
- Work closely and constructively with product management, user research, engineering, and clinicians
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
- BA degree in Design (or related field). MA preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys and interaction and interface designs
- 8+ years of industry experience, at a software development company
- 8+ years of product experience in interaction design and visual design
- Ability to quickly turn around wireframes and mockups and other communication artifacts in an agile, iterative startup environment
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, XD or Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as Premiere and Aftereffects
- Experience designing user experience for consumer software/services
- Experience creating and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
- Excellent at multi-tasking and managing multiple projects at the same time
- Experience aligning or influencing design thinking with teams working in other geographies
- Experience/ Interest in Health technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.