|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission within the Microsoft Office Media Group is to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. Come join us as we democratize the use of video, by creating experiences for our customers that empower them to organize, consume and create video. With Microsoft Stream, we are working to integrate intelligent video across Microsoft 365 for a seamless content creation, collaboration and consumption solution.
We are looking for a designer who is passionate about user-centered design approaches, interaction design excellence, and understands the power of time-based media to join our team. Office Media Group’s culture is friendly, open, inclusive, and fun. Our Design team consists of a group of doers, across different specialties, who believe in the power of craft and take pride in delivering quality and innovation to our customers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about video as a form of communication, personal expression and as a new tool for modern productivity. You can picture how video, together with intelligence, could make the modern workplace more empathetic, fun and productive. Experience with producing videos for fun or for work is an asset as you will be designing new intelligent experiences that makes video more productive for everyone.
As a designer in the Office Media Group, you will
- Turn customer insights into clear feature briefs and inspiring designs
- Quickly produce elegant and easily understood user flows, wireframes, user interface layouts and prototypes
- Generate visual design assets that illustrate feature vision, customer-value, contribute to design principles, and have a high level of aesthetic refinement
- Validate designs using a variety of customer driven methods, communicate research findings and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Partner closely with other designers, researchers, PMs, data and engineering to interactively produce designs as part of a feature crew
- Work alongside many Microsoft product groups to optimize video experiences across Microsoft 365
- Provide continuing design support to engineering crews during software development, to ensure a high-quality end-product
- Contribute to design team efforts such as organizing and running idea sessions, producing mood-boards and vision videos, storyboarding, brainstorming, building user scenarios and developing concept sketches
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in interaction and visual design, wireframing and prototyping (please provide links in application)
- 2+ years of industry experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract and the Adobe Creative suite
- A good understanding of human-centered design principles and the ability to apply that approach to problem solving
- A passion for information design and visualization, and a desire to simplify complex systems into understandable and delightful experiences
- A fast learner, self-motivated and focused, with the ability to work independently while bringing together collaborators for feedback and support
- Excellent listening skills, with an appreciative and collaborative approach to design, and the ability to gather and respond to feedback from partners within design and across disciplines
- A strong interest in design, technology and media app consumption trends
- Experience with motion design and video editing a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.