|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
The Cloud PDCE Organization – Operations Excellence team is responsible for enabling and optimizing the foundation that supports delivery of data center capacity through efficient processes, data driven decision making, innovation, automated and integrated tool sets.
As a Program Manager, you will drive the Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that will support formulation of long-range business capability roadmap(s) that will enable the development of next-generation services across critical business functions within the PDCE organization. You will be chartered with designing, implementing and supporting robust and sustainable BI solutions, while simultaneously ensuring successful business adoption and delivery with a strong customer focused, innovative, and collaborative team culture. In this role you will be the liaison between PDCE PMs, Engineering PMs and Developers, and the customer, responsible for driving clarity on current BI solutions.
- Document and define existing BI processes, data and technology, while evaluating them for optimization.
- Champion operational excellence via established metrics, process governance, and policy controls for regular assessment and improvement.
- Design, develop and maintain automated, accurate and near real-time BI solutions, creating a single source of truth and self-serve ecosystem to enable the organization to measure and monitor the state of the business.
- Develop and maintain business reporting, ensuring reliability and performance, delivery of performance management tools, readiness and adoption of data within the organization.
- Strong drive for results and creativity throughout the entire development cycle.
- Work closely with partners, stakeholders, and engineering to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios.
- Listen and learn directly from internal/external customers and through customer data to ensure we’re making correct decisions each step of the way.
- Removing ambiguity and driving to clear solutions that are delivered with high quality.
- Managing schedules, risks, and issues and communicating them effectively to the team, management, and partners.
- Create business intelligence and optimization roadmap by collaborating with the team, product and design partners.
- Communication – clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical Strength - Demonstrates technical depth, problem solving, adaptability, and curiosity. Applies continuous learning.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or related professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience in program management or product management defining, driving, and delivering BI optimization solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in administration of Azure Subscriptions, Azure SQL DB, Microsoft Excel, Visio, Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Cloud Service.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, SharePoint.
- Track record of effectively collaborating across teams and disciplines as a contributor or leader.
- Proven ability to define customer-focused scenarios, wireframe the voice-of-the-customer into a visually proposed solution and lead virtual teams to ensure that solutions are delivered end-to-end.
- Experience in an engineering delivery role as an Engineer, Developer or Program Manager.
- Strong business acumen.
- Agile in focus and communications - shifting from strategic to tactical depending on the needs of the day and the audience.
- Detailed, oriented & thorough.
- Planning and time management skills, the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines and be able to prioritize work accordingly.
- Ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment.
- Proven success working in a complex environment and across a diverse set of business, operations, engineering and leadership stakeholders.
- Solid communication skills and fluent in presenting analytical results in an impactful manner.
- Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.