|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global initiatives in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy. Come and help us to enable the Worldwide Operations team to leverage the power of data, to deliver amazing business experiences, as part of Microsoft transformation to Mobile and Cloud First.
Do you have a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team that is enabling end-to-end visibility, insights and optimization, while doing good in the world? We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer who wants to get their hands on large and complex datasets and databases, with deep knowledge of SQL database design, distributed systems, who is interested in working alongside Application Engineers to drive business impact.
As part of the Core Services Engineering and Operations, the Risk Intelligence team is leveraging data and modeling in new ways to increase visibility & transparency, improve insights and decisions, and optimize service levels, costs and customer experience.
You will be joining a small team of awesome people that move fast and innovate. You will help us build optimized data pipelines to scale from hundreds of millions of events per day to billions. If your toolbox includes proficiencies in Azure Data Factory, Data Explorer, Data Warehouse and SQL, we would love to apply your data expertise to have real world impact.
All this needs to be done with a focus on engineering best practices, efficiency, scalability and reliability.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines for real-time/batch analysis, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions.
- Develop and implement solutions for data quality validation and continuous improvement.
- Partner with PMs, engineers and business stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements, plan and execute projects, and communicate status, risks and issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of system and data issues and develop solutions as required.
Use large data sets to provide insight into business and functional issues while improving data reliability, efficiency and quality.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 3+ years relevant industry experience designing data warehouse models and ETL pipelines that are secure, testable, and modular.
- Proficient in SQL queries and database architecture.
- Proficient in Power BI
- Proven track record of collaborative development in an agile team environment.
- Experience with Azure Analytics stack, such as, Azure Data Lake, Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory.
- Experience working with a big data platform such as Azure Data Lake, Microsoft Cosmos, Hadoop, Spark.
- Development expertise in at least one programming language such as C#, R, Python.
- Ability to communicate well with users, partner teams and management to collect requirements, explain data presentation decisions and deliver against the data engineering strategy
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.