Last updated 33 minutes ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team focusing on company operations. In this position you will be responsible for the planning of headcount and related expenses across the entire company. You will partner directly with leaders in the Recruiting and the Total Rewards teams to drive the long-term footprint planning, annual budgeting, and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes. This role plays an important and visible part in crafting the global footprint of a hyper-growth company, where talent will continue to be the key element to our long-term success.
More about you
- In this role, you will get to:
- Nurture deep, positive relationships with the Recruiting and the Total Rewards teams
- Be the go-to finance partner for all things headcount
- Drive the headcount allocation and expense forecasting processes during the quarterly and annual planning cycles
- Engage with leaders across all functions to align Atlassian’s long-term footprint strategy with company and product strategies
- Partner with Accounting to deliver employment expense variance analyses on a monthly basis
- Identify and execute operational improvements
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong work ethic and high energy
- Great teammate in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Highly organized self-starter able to handle ambitious timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence business partners
- Strategic thinker, hands-on, and resourceful
- A minimum of 2 years in finance or a similar analytical field
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field)
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting processes, accounting and accruals, and interpreting and reporting results
- Strong technical fundamentals and proficiency in financial modeling using Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with Keynote presentations and Anaplan a plus
- Prior software sector experience is preferred, Cloud/SaaS is a strong plus
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with a unique mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational openness. We work closely with leaders across all areas of the business to support Atlassian's continued growth. You'll join an outstanding team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.