|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Android Developer to join the Search and Assistant experiences team to help deliver on our promise to provide AI powered assistance to users throughout Microsoft products. Responsibilities will include mentoring the team of junior engineers while delivering features which span multiple endpoints. We are building a product in a quickly evolving space and you will have an opportunity to strongly influence the direction of the assistant at Microsoft as we compete in this rapidly growing and competitive market.
- Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
- Develop and release features for new and existing Microsoft apps.
- Work with our product and design teams to implement an intuitive and engaging user experience.
- Ensure high quality, stable and performant code.
- Perform code and design reviews that guarantee code quality.
- Excellent knowledge of the Android SDK (View architecture, Measure/Layout/Draw, Architecture Components, Theming, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in Android application / UI development
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development, algorithms and data structures.
- Strong UI and design skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent related experience
- Expert level Kotlin, AndroidSDK/Java and experience with OS internals
- Strong experience of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience building mobile frameworks/libraries
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.