|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for Data and Machine Learning? Do you dream of working with customers on their most forward-looking AI initiatives? Does the challenge of developing and deploying modern machine learning solutions to solve real-world business problems in the cloud sound exciting to you? Do you enjoy managing a team of Data and Applied Scientists?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you about joining the CSE Applied Machine Learning team!
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. In the process, we help shape the future of our own platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve them. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges. Our work involves the development of high-impact, open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform that are broadly applicable. We are looking for a Principal Data Science Lead with strong analytical and development skills to join our expanding team.
Be respectful and inclusive – As a group, we work to build consensus with our teammates and customers. We’re looking for the sort of person who enjoys a culture that ensures that all voices and perspectives are heard and considered. Above all you’ll need to be inspired, and inspire others, by the potential of the future. If you want to chat informally about the role, please reach out to us.
We have flexibility with the location of this role to be in Cambridge, MA, NYC, New York, Irvine, CA OR Redmond, WA.
- Build end-to-end production level ML/AI solutions
- Grow manage and lead a team of Data & Applied Scientists
- Develop and deploy ML/AI solutions with our customers and partners solving their business problems on Azure
- Apply solid software engineering and ML/AI principles
- Provide technical subject matter expertise in OSS and Microsoft big data technologies, to support architecture design sessions, and unblock critical scenarios for our customers and partners
- 5+ years of experience with end-to-end ML/AI systems in the cloud, including data processing, feature engineering and tuning of ML models in training and production (MLOps) - with both structured and unstructured data.
- 3+ years of experience in Management and/or Leadership of teams with at least 5 members
- Demonstrated experience with common statistical and machine learning techniques, both classical Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- We do not require deep expertise in all applications that customers use. However, we do look for people who have broad Machine Learning experience across a variety of applications, but a deeper expertise in either Computer Vision, NLP, Forecasting or Recommenders
- Strong skills in Python Machine Learning frameworks, and at least one major programming language such as C#, and keen analytical skills that enable comprehension and resolution of complex business and technical issues
- Interest or experience in acting as a people manager, leading a team, and helping grow careers
- Experience working within and directing geographically dispersed, diverse, and virtual teams
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE, Machine Learning, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, or equivalent technical fields
- Industry experience in one of the following industries: financial services or media & communications
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%