|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for helping Higher Ed students prepare for careers leveraging Microsoft technology? The Technical Content Development team within Microsoft Worldwide Learning (WWL) is hiring a Content Portfolio Manager to help us land Microsoft's technology training and certification portfolio within the Higher Ed channel, and drive Higher Ed stakeholder and customer feedback into the training and certification portfolio moving forward. The ideal candidate will have a mix of Higher Ed market knowledge, an understanding of the training & certification market, strong product or portfolio management skills, andexcellent cross-organization collaboration skills.
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build worldclass capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and consumers build their technical skills and advance their careersthrough technical training that helps learners prepare for Microsoft Fundamentals and Advanced Role-Based certification exams. We buildblended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training.
We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs.If this sounds of interest, we’d love to learn more about your energy, passion, skills, and ideas!
In this role, you will:
- Define and run a working team-level and executive review-level rhythm of business cadence that helps communication and align the training & certifications the Technical Content Development team is delivering to the cross-Microsoft teams which are landing this content portfolio in Higher Ed channels
- Use customer, market and product data, balanced with upcoming release milestones, to align the Fundamentals and Role-Based technical training & certification portfolio plan and bill of materials with the needs of the Higher Ed audience
- Integrate Higher Ed student and instructor feedback into the content development, beta, and release process by partnering with content developers, as well as program, marketing, and Academic Audience partners and others outside of the team
- Provide input into a comprehensive skilling portfolio strategy for Higher Ed
- Report out regularly on portfolio performance and roadmap; define and leverage insights, KPIs and other data to effectively prioritize responses to customer feedback; and use KPIs and other data to make the appropriate tradeoffs to optimize investment for content areas across the portfolio
This role requires a range of skills and expertise around complex content project management, data analysis, training & certification, stakeholder management, and the Higher Ed audience. Specific skill sets we are looking for include:
- Experience with Higher Education curriculum sales/management orexperience in technical training & certification sales/management
- Professional network that includes technical education professors, teachers, instructors
- 3+ years of Product or Program management experience
- Strong executive communication skills and experience communicating with and reporting to senior leaders across multiple disciplines; ability to influence without authority
- Proven history of collaboration and innovation with multiple disciplines, including but not limited to marketing, engineering, and sales teams
- Deep understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis, funnel trends) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Excellent project management and communication skills; Ability to lead multiple projects with cross-group stakeholders and effectively leverage available resources to drive results
- Agility –ability to shift from strategic to tactical depending on the needs of the day and the audience
- Learning and development expertise in the various capability enablement approaches (e.g., formal learning, knowledge management, coaching, practice, simulations, etc.), across modern modalities.
- Experience using Universal Design for Learning standards and other data, insights, and standards to help make learning experiences more inclusive to audiences with diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Ability to travel 10-25% (when business travel resumes)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.