|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WW Surface Category team is at the heart of the consumer business at Microsoft. Part of the Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization. Our team works closely with our global sales and marketing teams, product marketing and retail partners around the world to drive the Surface Consumer business. With a primary focus on both online and offline retail channels but ultimately responsible for all consumer channels.
The surface consumer business is incredibly fast paced, growing significantly and has a strong portfolio of innovative products. This is an opportunity to join a fun team that is focussed on results.
This role is focussed on delivering business and performance insights and analysis. This is not your typical BI reporting role. It’s about understanding the business dynamics worldwide, what’s working, what the challenges are and being able to break that down into strong actionable insights. The role is integral to the team and partners with every discipline in the Surface Category team.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about data and delivering insights that will drive action. The candidate will:
- Partner with Finance, Sales, Marketing and Engineering stakeholders to aggregate business performance results, key insights, gaps, and opportunities for growth.
- Dissect business problems, formulate precise questions, and then map the questions into analyses to a deliver clear and simplified story about our business.
- Work with data and have a growth-hacking mindset to work with available information to deliver high-quality insights.
- Work on all aspects of business performance from initial fiscal year budgeting and planning, monthly and weekly insights on global performance and longer term strategic projects.
- The candidate should be an exceptional communicator and storyteller - capable of delivering insights in a concise and consumable manner across the organization including to executives that enable decisions to more effectively run and grow our business.
- This is a highly visible role that will require expertise in several areas:
- Orchestrating, developing, and managing plans across large groups of executives and key stakeholders
- Collaborating and developing strong relationships with various stakeholders across the company to drive impact (Marketing, Engineering, Finance)
- Ability to simplify the complex in our data and performance and deliver excellent communications (written, verbal)
- Strong data analytics skills – skill and comfort working in excel and Power BI to deliver clear insights that help influence our strategy and plans
- Ability to balance and multi-task across multiple diverse projects with time sensitive deadlines
- A deep understanding of business performance financials, metrics, and management
- 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Category, Finance, Business Planning or related field
- Experience working with consumer or retail channels preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, familiarity with PowerBI
- Experience developing and delivering executive level presentations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.