|Job Type:||Full Time|
Commercial Software Engineering is seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer with a passion for coding, working with the latest Microsoft services, and developing cloud solutions with our customers. The candidate will have the technical expertise and problem-solving skills to build strong and influential relationships with customers by helping them solve their most complex technical problems related to identity. As part of the role, the candidate will need to work closely with other engineering teams, provide partner feedback, and influence the roadmap for future product releases. The candidate will also engage with partners to chart their applications’ architectural direction and develop the resulting solutions. A solid proficiency in identity and cloud security and how that relates in delivering commercial software is crucial.
Influencing the Identity and Access Management architecture for Microsoft’s biggest and most complex customers.
- Influencing the authentication and authorization solutions in the applications and services we build with Microsoft’s biggest and most complex customers.
- Developing open source solutions using Microsoft Azure and a number of different client and server technologies.
- Being a technical expert and visionary in the identity space to build code and other technical content to support customer engagements, training events, and future Microsoft offerings.
- Working with major companies around the world on software design and development.
- Partner with and provide identity subject matter expertise and leadership to industry teams worldwide.
- Evaluating future product roadmaps and working closely with product engineering teams.
- Developing and driving new ways of thinking across teams within the company to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
- 10+ years of industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms.
- 3+ years of expertise developing solutions on Microsoft Azure.
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure Active Directory.
- 3+ years of experience developing solutions that integrate with Azure Active Directory for authentication and authorization.
- Demonstrated mastery of OAuth and OIDC flows.
- 10+ years of experience programming with solid analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Security related certifications.
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
- Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional).
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices, TDD.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST.
- Experience in micro services and WebAPI.
- Experience with testing frameworks.
- Experience working with Program Management, Business & Audience teams to understand business scenarios and map them to technical architecture & designs.
- Great planning and organizational navigation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ready to ramp up on new technologies as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time, domestic and international
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.