|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Device Partner Solution Sales team play a critical role in achieving this mission, working closely with our external ecosystem and internal business groups to deliver amazing customer experiences powered by Microsoft Windows, Office and Windows Server. DPSS is uniquely focused on evolving the device partner ecosystem. As a member of the WW Device Strategy and Channels team you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion dollar business, and charting new areas of innovation. We do this by building best-in-class modern devices, helping to drive partner profitability, and preference for Microsoft solutions and services with our hardware partners. The MAR Account Channel Executive (CE) is a key role to help accelerate sales of Genuine Windows, leading the WW MAR program and enabling the team to execute our sales strategy in close partnership with the Authorized Refurbisher partners.
Partner Relationships (30%): Demonstrate good understanding of partners’ business, market dynamics and Microsoft products/value.
- Develop a deep understanding of the refubishers partners’ strategy, business imperatives, and profitability drivers and align strategically with partners key stakeholders on vision of the partnership.
- Drive end to end relationship with the partner, leveraging the account management process and marketing investments to land the local activities.
- Build trusted advisor relationships with partner(s) through a deep understanding of their local strategy and business imperatives.
- Act as a partner advocate for all partner interests, goals, and objectives
Account Management (30%): Develop goals that map partners’ business objectives (share, margin, revenue) to Microsoft goals. Work with partners to identify their plans and strategies around devices and services.
- Develop joint account plans with partner inclusive of GTM activities across consumer and commercial channels, Conditions of Satisfaction (COS), and Customer Partner Satisfaction (CPE)
- Ensure all discretionary funding produces an ROI aligned to corporate guidance and track progress of actual results of marketing campaigns and investments.
- Develop deep knowledge of Partner business practices (procurement strategies, engineering resources, marketing capabilities, etc.).
- Establish and execute a formal RoBs to manage progress of joint commitments, reprioritize, and develop plans for newly identified opportunities.
Business Development and Transformation (25%): Understand the partners’ device sources, competitive challenges, services vision to identify new business opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of devices, software, channel, and end customers, as well as industry and market trends leveraging Microsoft & industry assets to share with partner(s).
- Leverage internal competitive intelligence to help partners identify gaps and emerging trends.
- For current partners, identify areas of joint opportunity based on current market trends, partners capabilities and local resources.
- Find and engage new Refurbishers and help them transition into the MAR program or a Third Party Reseller Motion.
- Participate in Industry events that include competing platforms and solutions to fully absorb competitive landscape Research, localize and execute applicable best practices to increase the impact on local business.
Pipeline Management (15%): Develop a One Microsoft approach for the partner to increase Windows share in the refurbisher market.
- Manage partner pipeline and forecast monthly
- Execute to achieve revenue, scorecard metrics, and account KPIs.
- Conduct on-going reviews to ensure follow through on agreed upon accountabilities.
- Provide local updates to Device Sales team.
- 5+ years of experience in sales in the technology industry with a proven track record in establishing and managing business partnerships between OEM, Refurbishers, distributors, and resellers.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or business.
- Excellent grasp of business fundamentals, channel development, and competitive pressures in the current environment.
- Aptitude for strategic planning, budget, forecast and project management, as well as tactical execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the capability of delivering effective executive presentations and negotiate deals.
- Strong sales, customer service, negotiation, and objection handling.
- Executive maturity to develop strong relationships at multiple management levels across Microsoft and partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.