|Location:||Chevy Chase, Maryland, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Do you want to be a key sales leader at one of the largest cloud companies in the world at the most exciting transformative time in the industry? As a Microsoft Federal Leader you will be leading an organization of sellers including account executives, technical account sellers and industry focused sellers to deliver long term relationships and value to our Microsoft Federal customers, building the momentum of digital transformation for our customers & partners as well as the company itself.
The Microsoft Federal Leader provides sales leadership accelerating our customers’ digital transformation and delivers on our short-term and long-term financial goals and responsibilities. In this role you will need to be a great sales coach and leader, have a challenger mentality, be fluent in sales-leadership practice and able to lead with vision and flawless execution.
As a Growth and Transformational Sales Leader
- Over achieving on our Revenue, Consumption and Customer Satisfaction Goals
- Landing the transformation of our sales teams including Relationship, Technical and Industry and Services Sellers through frictionless cross-team orchestration to ensure we deliver value and satisfaction for all enterprise customers as One Microsoft.
- Helping our customers in making their own digital transformations
- Motivating Sales Managers and Sellers, both relationship and technical, providing value to our customers throughout their own lifecycles
As a Customer, Partner and Market Thought Leader
- Builds Industry expertise throughout our sales teams
- Established, sought-after spokesperson and recognized expert in relevant local regulatory and policy environments, opening doors and removing barriers for our sales teams, partners and customers
- Partner advocate - drive scale to our business through partner co–selling motions
As a People Leader
- Attracting and leading a diverse sales organization of high impact relationship, technical and industry sellers and sales managers
- Creating a sales team environment of ambition, that continually develops and fosters talent
- Developing an inspirational learning Coaching Culture empowering our people to deliver and learn
- Creating a high-performance team, diverse and inclusive culture
- 10+ years experience in the Civilian/Cabinet Level agencies running a multi-billion dollar organization across the Microsoft portfolio.
- Senior sales leadership role managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, leadership roles in multi-tiered large organizations
- Servicing some of the most complex and critical accounts within the Federal market space, this leader will be responsible for meeting prescribed revenue, share, and organizational health goals
- This role will interface with some of the most senior roles in the customer base and company in driving mission transformation, modernization, and efficiencies across our Civilian/Cabinet Level agencies.
- Proven track record and experience leading organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Prior work experience for IT Consulting or Services companies with a demonstrated record of driving solutions across a large of control and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree: Required, MBA desired or equivalent work experience
- U.S. Public Trust Position authorization desired
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.