|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft? Then look no further than Microsoft Teams. You will be building solutions that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver the next evolution in collaboration and teamwork.
The Performance Team is responsible for ensuring that our users have a fast and fluid experience with the Teams app - from the moment they launch the app to every click, scroll and action they perform. As a member of this team you will collaborate with developers from across the organization and influence the design/implementation of pretty much every feature that ships. You will also develop infrastructure pieces critical to the functioning of the app (such as the ability to progressively render the app).
This team offers a unique 360o view of Teams Engineering and the opportunity to influence all of it – you will be at the center of the action!
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience in frontend development using UI frameworks such as React and Angular
- Has a deep understanding of how browsers work and can leverage that experience/expertise to help build performance tools and gates, as well as optimize the Teams app.
- Key attributes are the ability to research and solve problems, develop quick prototypes, communicate across the organization, and drive action with data.
- Able to assimilate diverse opinions (from devs, PMs, designers, leadership) and negotiate solutions that work for the customer as well as the organization.
- Prior experience in performance is a plus.
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience working on frontend web technologies such as React and AngularJS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.