|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you thrive on creating trusted relationships that provide opportunities to support and improve the lives of others, influencing and collaborating with others to drive change and improvements, we have a career opportunity for you!
Microsoft continues to invest in and serve the U.S. Government (USG) through Microsoft Federal. Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services, bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government.
A Critical Situation (CritSit) Managerwill assist with managing CritSit situations across all technologies. The primary focus is to meet customer needs by effectively managing internal and external resources and managing communication across all the parties involved in a CritSit..
Given the nature of the business, this positionwillrequire flexibility to work ALL schedules both remote and on-site: standard business hours, outside of standard business hours, including weekends, public holidays, and on-call. This team will provide 24x7, 365 days a year coverage.
ACritical Situation (CritSit)Manager is responsible for the delivery (positive outcome) ofmanaging Critical/Crisis Situations. You will own all levels of escalation handling and customer communications. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Communication and leadership
- Build strong relationships with internal and customer stakeholders
- Become a trusted advisor for aligned customer and Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)
- Exhibit confident leadership collaborating across multiple groups/organizations to meet customer outcomes
- Communicatetimely and effectively to internal and external customer needs
- Articulate the value of Microsoft Services portfolio to key stakeholders
- Effectively influence and lead actions through cross-group collaboration
- Identify and elevate systematic issues and process breakdown
- Proactively identify and champion process and tools improvement. Lead, collaborate, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Ongoing oversight of reactive cases
- Manage Critical Situation incidentsensuringprocess is followed and escalated appropriately,
- Act as Crisis Manager in catastrophic outage situations by taking on all challenges to support Federal customers
- Administrative casework, as needed
Driving cases to a healthy state
- Demonstrated action-oriented ability to drive issues to resolution
- Communication with internal Microsoft resources for case updates and action requests
- Direct communication with customers to promote case progress where necessary across multiple management levels, including executive leadership
- Assisting to set the proper expectations with customers for support
- Facilitation of meetings between customers and internal support organizations to expedite actions plans and progress
- Participate in and prepare content for scheduled customer meetings, as needed
- Collaborate and prepare reports to allow better decision making on Critical Situation incidents
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and passa Microsoft Cloudbackground screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
- Customer obsessed with demonstrated strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including executive level
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Recognizes different values and styles, and respects others' unique characteristics or strengths.
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer’s sense of urgency
- Initiates collaboration with others; invites others to meetings and presentations to share information. Seeks support for collaborative activities from upper management.
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances; works effectively in ambiguous situations. Stands behind his or her decisions.
- Consciously develops influence strategies
- Anticipates the reactions of others
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest of others
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact that his or her behavior and communications has on relationships with customers/peers
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support, service delivery,and/or customer-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology preferred), or equivalent experience
- US citizen located in the US, US Security clearance, as noted above in the Qualifications Section
- Ability to work non-standard hours, weekends and public holidays, including on-call and onsite
- Strong written and communication (speaking) skills in English and written comprehension skills
- Positive, energetic, & enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent at multi-tasking& task prioritization with exceptional organizational skills& strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, programs, and/or services
- Skilled use of the Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experience
- Ability to apply judgement in high pressure situations with minimal external guidance
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology
- Action oriented with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to resolution
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Foundations certification
- Skilled use of Microsoft Power BI reporting
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies with proven experience in Cloud environments
- Familiarity with government systems and technology
- Track record in successfully coordinating activities that involve cross-team of internal/external contacts
Location: You will be based in Reston, VA (or)Redmond, WA (or) Las Colinas, TX, with minimal travel required.
Over the last 40 years, Microsoft has been committed to empowering the people that empower our nation. We are deeply committed to serving the U.S. Federal Government by bringing our best capabilities to this space and building upon our long history of success. Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer.
Join us and be the one who empowers the U.S. Federal Government!That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft.