|Location:||Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you thrive on creating trusted relationships that provide opportunities to support and improve the lives of others, influencing and collaborating with others to drive change and improvements, we have a career opportunity for you!
Microsoft continues to invest in our Federal Government Business through the creation of US Federal hiring opportunities, aligned to our Microsoft Services team. Microsoft Services’ mission is to empower our customers and partners as they realize their fullest potential in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. Key to transformative customer solutions is building and maintaining world-class operations.
Incident Manager is a newly defined role to manage and support the reactive portion of Microsoft Premier Support contracts for customers, overseeing case health and progress of all severities across all technologies, developing relationships with customer stakeholders, and intelligence that can feed into other processes in support of the customer.
This team will provide 24x7, 365 days a year coverage.
An Incident Manager is responsible for the delivery (positive outcome) of end to end reactive support, including healthy reactive case progression across all case severities, including managing Critical/Crisis Situations. Resources are aligned directly to customer accounts / Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and own all levels of escalation handling, reporting, trending, and customer communications, but may include non-account aligned reactive support. Develop insights for the TAM to use for customer health conversations. Some customizations may be required to help tailor the experience for each customer. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Communication and leadership
- Build strong relationships with internal and customer stakeholders
- Become a trusted advisor for aligned customer and TAM
- Exhibit confident leadership collaborating across multiple groups/organizations to meet customer outcomes
- Communicate timely and effectively to internal and external customer needs
- Articulate the value of Microsoft Services portfolio to key stakeholders
- Effectively influence and lead actions through cross-group collaboration
- Identify and elevate systematic issues and process breakdown
- Proactively identify and champion process and tools improvement. Lead, collaborate, and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Ongoing oversight of reactive cases
- Regular case reviews of reactive cases owned by internal support organizations to assess health and status
- Own reactive case support and partner with account TAM on high-risk escalations to gather/analyze information as needed to support the customer
- Manage Critical Situation incidents ensuring process is followed and escalated appropriately,
- Act as Crisis Manager in catastrophic outage situations by taking on all challenges to support US Public Sector customers and p
- Situational awareness & tracking
- Proactive risk mitigation
- Administrative casework
Driving cases to a healthy state
- Demonstrated action-oriented ability to drive issues to resolution
- Communication with internal Microsoft resources for case updates and action requests
- Direct communication with customers to promote case progress where necessary across multiple management levels, including executive leadership
- Assisting to set the proper expectations with customers for support
- Facilitation of meetings between customers and internal support organizations to expedite actions plans and progress
- Produce scheduled reports on case health metrics and status to be delivered to customers
- Participate in and prepare content for scheduled customer meetings
- Collaborate and prepare reports to allow better decision making on Critical Situation incidents
Case Trending (People, Process, and Technology)
Identify the root cause of reactive support incidents and categorize in line with ITIL methodology
- Customer obsessed with demonstrated strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including executive level
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Recognizes different values and styles, and respects others' unique characteristics or strengths.
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer’s sense of urgency
- Initiates collaboration with others; invites others to meetings and presentations to share information. Seeks support for collaborative activities from upper management.
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances; works effectively in ambiguous situations. Stands behind his or her decisions.
- Consciously develops influence strategies
- Anticipates the reactions of others
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest of others
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact that his or her behavior and communications has on relationships with customers/peers
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support, service delivery, and/or customer-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Information Technology preferred), or equivalent experience
- Qualifications SectionAbility to work non-standard hours, weekends and public holidays, including on-call and onsite
- Strong written and communication (speaking) skills in English and written comprehension skills
- Positive, energetic, & enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent at multi-tasking & task prioritization with exceptional organizational skills & strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, programs, and/or services
- Skilled use of the Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experience
- Ability to apply judgement in high pressure situations with minimal external guidance
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology
- Action oriented with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to resolution
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Foundations certification
- Skilled use of Microsoft Power BI reporting
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies with proven experience in Cloud environments
- Familiarity with government systems and technology
- Track record in successfully coordinating activities that involve cross-team of internal/external contacts
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Location: You will be based in Reston, VA (or) Redmond, WA (or) Las Colinas, TX, with minimal travel required.
Over the last 40 years, Microsoft has been committed to empowering the people that empower our nation. We are deeply committed to serving the U.S. Federal Government by bringing our best capabilities to this space and building upon our long history of success. Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer.
Join us and be the one who empowers the U.S. Federal Government!That’s incrediblereach. When you combine that with your owninspiration, plus thefreedomand support to make your ideas happen, you can make a hugeimpact.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.